5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Pedal too Stiff, truck won't start when hitting the button, WHY?

2020RAM2222

Reaction score
When depressing the brake to start 2020 Ram, the brake is stiff, and truck makes clicking sound when hitting the button and won't start? This happens randomly, WHY, Dealer can't mimic the issue so they say they can't fix it under warranty!! Someone must know what the problem is? HELP

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When depressing the brake to start 2020 Ram, the brake is stiff, and truck makes clicking sound when hitting the button and won't start? This happens randomly, WHY, Dealer can't mimic the issue so they say they can't fix it under warranty!! Someone must know what the problem is? HELP
That happens with a low battery. Maybe it gets too low and won't start but then it does later. When was the last time the battery was placed?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
Had it…twice! Also made one hell of a ‘clunk’ like a breaker being thrown out (a BIG one). First time I was towed to closest dealer and they found hundreds of errors related to the battery. They charged it and all errors went away. No problem for 2 more years then it happened again (2 days before we were leaving for x-country Rv trip). I didn’t have time to screw with a dealer so I bought a new battery and have had no recurrence for 18 months (So far!). Since brakes & starter are just electric relays, low or dying battery really messes with them.

M3forged

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen after I did some wiring and was messing with the battery connections. Like others have said I'd start with checking those connections then possibly replacing the battery if that doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread