5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake pedal creak n squeak from He77

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Any of you suffer this? What did you do to fix it?

Ive sprayed lube everywhere and still...

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a sqeek off and on but mine is not that bad, white lithium grease helps some but yea I'm not sure exactly where the noise is.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear mine in the cab, but it is also noticeable outside the truck as well. Can be heard while you're sitting in a drive thru with the window down.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've cortorted my body and reached up as far as I could. It seems to be coming from the second pivot point up from the bottom. But, since I didn't have any spray lube in reach (could have used some to get out from under there!) I didn't climb back in and squirt it.

I will be sure to write back if I get back in there and squirt it down with something, and it works.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I've cortorted my body and reached up as far as I could. It seems to be coming from the second pivot point up from the bottom. But, since I didn't have any spray lube in reach (could have used some to get out from under there!) I didn't climb back in and squirt it.

I will be sure to write back if I get back in there and squirt it down with something, and it works.
Thanks Scap. I've considered unbolting the assembly and disconnecting it...bringing it out of the truck where I can play with it/modify it to be better. Looks like a few bolts to bring it all out. I may be oversimplifying. I also thought about just ordering another assembly @ $200. My truck is under warranty of course but the last thing I want to do is have Jackstand Johnny jacking something else up in the area. No offense at all meant to any shop techs here...just my own experiences over my life have proven horrible, and so much so i'd rather buy parts and install myself as I have over the years successfully vs allowing someone not personally invested in my vehicle touch it. Calibration: I am not a mechanic by trade, but I am a mechanic by years of experience and the kind of guy that will buy the specialty tool required to do one-time jobs.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, this morning I was spraying down the hinges on a storm door that were getting noisy after some rain. So decided to see if I could quiet down my brake pedal afterwards.

I used Boeshield T-9 spray lube.
I sprayed both sides of the pedal linkages as far up as I could reach. It still creaks, but much less so now.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As of this morning the lube has worked its way into the source of the squeak and it is now noise free.

Users who are viewing this thread