5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake Options

TimG

Reaction score
My window sticker just became available and I noticed 2 things were listed that I have no idea what they are: Ready–Alert Braking and Rain Brake Support. Anyone know what these are/do?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rain brake support has been available for awhile. When you turn the wipers on, the brakes pulse to keep the rotors and pads clear of water.

Will check about ready alert though.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Factor in the weather. Rain Brake Support automatically and
seamlessly activates when the driver turns on the windshield wipers; all
brake calipers gently pulse against their respective rotors to remove
water from the pads.

Anticipate potential trouble. Ready Alert Braking senses when
the driver’s foot is lifted from the accelerator; it applies an
imperceptible brake force to ensure that pads and discs are lined
up should an emergency stop be required.

From the manual, well actually the 2018 Ram HD brochure that I have been studying relentlessly as I try to make a decision on a truck.

TimG

Reaction score
Devildodge for the win! Thanks for the knowledge. I would have checked the manual, but I don't have one yet (or a truck for that matter. Just a Window Sticker and Build Sheet:LOL:)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No problem, I was intrigued to see this has been standard for awhile. The things they don't come up with lol.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No problem, I was intrigued to see this has been standard for awhile. The things they don't come up with lol.
Is this stuff standard? I’ve never heard of either.
Yes they are standard. They have actually been standard for awhile. Not sure exactly how long. But i found out about them researching 2018 and 2017 Ram HD

The brochure says there are over 100 standard saftey features that operate seamlessly without notice.

There are new ones listed, but they seem to not be standard. Like lane assist and acc, etc.

Ramajama

Reaction score
Cool features but dang, just makes you think about all the potential malfunctions that could happen with alll these ever increasing nannies. LOL! Oh well, I will probably never keep a new vehicle long enough for any of them to go bad on me. Amazing tech though.

Users who are viewing this thread