5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake lights not working on EU converted 2019 1500 Laramie

AartWessels

Reaction score
Not sure if I'll have much luck here, as most of you are in the US, though still worth a try.

I drive a 2019 RAM 1500 DT Laramie, which I originally bought new in Belgium. That means it has been converted for the EU, which relates mostly to converting the lights.
Recently, someone pointed out to me that my rear brake lights were not working. Only the third brake light seems to work.
No message on the dashboard or anything.

I know it has worked in the past year, I remember it coming on when I would reverse. I an remember when I have last seen it work though.

When I imported it in the UK last August, it had a indicator light fitted for showing when the rear fog lights were activated. I can see the wire they used for connecting that LED is running towards the back of the cabin, and then through a small hole underneath the rear seats through what I guess is the chassis. I'm not sure if that modification is related, nor am I sure that the brake lights worked after that modification or not.

Has anyone ever had something similar occurring to them? Any pointers?

Users who are viewing this thread