5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake light/turn signal function

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything but is it normal operation that the brake light goes out on the side you are signaling with? Example: If using right turn signal and braking the right brake light doesn't come on, only the left. My buddy was following me today and informed me that this happening and I never knew it did that. If this is the case is there a way to change this it in the settings?

Last edited:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think most newer vehicles do this now adays. Even some headlights will dim/turn off when the turning signal is on.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No way to change the signal functionality. A lot more visible with the brake light out on the side indicating a turn. It is a great safety feature, IMO.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok good to know, I knew cars were doing this with headlights/day running lights just never saw it with the tail lights. Guess need to pay more attention 🤣.

Users who are viewing this thread