5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!BRAKE! ... !BRAKE!

Will Cover

Reaction score
Yes, in Louisiana you get tons of water coming down during a downpour. We have storms on occasion here in Houston that do the same, and all that water coming down so fast obscures the camera by the rear view mirror so it thinks something is coming at you. Mine has not done it but so have a coworker who was in Lake Charles during the last major deluge of water and his did it too. Took it to the dealer and they checked the calibration stating all was ok except all that Louisiana water coming down at 10,000 inches per hour! 😉
It was a torrential downpour that evening, so, I am hopeful that this is what caused my issue.

I have a service appointment next week to have them look at this and one other annoyance (mirrors stay stuck in tilted mode when going from reverse to drive). All in all, it's been a solid vehicle. I really enjoy the ride quality.

Will Cover

Reaction score
I had my vehicle serviced. I was informed by the service department that one of my front collision sensors had to be replaced. It was covered under warranty.

Will Cover

Reaction score
Did the sensor replacement fix the problem?
Not sure, yet. The sensor is being painted by the dealership's body shop to match the color of my vehicle - not sure why, because I thought the sensor was black plastic?

They're going to call me when the radio comes in and will change the radio and sensor at the same time.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure, yet. The sensor is being painted by the dealership's body shop to match the color of my vehicle - not sure why, because I thought the sensor was black plastic?

They're going to call me when the radio comes in and will change the radio and sensor at the same time.
It won't. Those have nothing to do with the FCW.

Will Cover

Reaction score
It won't. Those have nothing to do with the FCW.
That's what I thought from reading earlier in this thread. The dealership that I went to (the first time I've gone to this one) was insistent that the sensor was defective and this is the issue.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's what I thought from reading earlier in this thread. The dealership that I went to (the first time I've gone to this one) was insistent that the sensor was defective and this is the issue.
Lol, yeah, but it doesn't. The sensor may be bad, but has nothing to do with FCW. Maybe they should read the factory service manual too. It clearly explains how it works. Anyway, I had mine go off for the first time falsely. I was going around a tight turn on the interstate and a lifted pickup truck was just ahead in the other lane. I guess it thought I was going to hit them while turning.

Users who are viewing this thread