5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a used 2020 Laramie & the front corner dropped overnight

rambo_2020

Reaction score
I bought my very first truck (used) two days ago. It is a RAM 1500 Laramie with the 5.7 Hemi. It has the off-road package.

Day one: I noticed the indicator / turn signal would randomly switch on to the right. To counteract this, I had to put it to the left (down) position. This is an intermittent problem.

Day two: I left it in either 'normal' or 'off-road' ride height overnight - not entry/exit. When I came out the next morning, the front left was after dropping right down.

I just bought this used from a main GMC dealer here in HTX. I didn't (yet) opt for the warranty (3200$ for 36 months) as it excludes 'wearing parts', but I am bringing it back to them next week so they can check it out.

I love the vehicle so far, but these issues are annoying.

Has anyone faced these issues?

I'm thinking soap test on the front driver side bag when in normal/off-road ride height to start with.

TIA!

When I opened the vehicle with the key, it leveled itself out (raising up the front left side). When driving a few min later, up popped an error message 'air suspension cooling down, please wait'. This came and went about 3 times within 2 min.

I'm not mechanical expert, but I did some research and it is probably one of the following:

1. The air bag
  2. The line to/from this airbag
  3. The valve
  4. The ride height sensor

Has anyone experienced the same?

I'm not mechanical expert, but I did some research and it is probably one of the following:

1. The air bag
  2. The line to/from this airbag
  3. The valve
  4. The ride height sensor

Has anyone experienced the same?
Yes I’ve had mine to 2 different dealers. 1 dealer just wanted to change out parts until it was corrected because they don’t know what is wrong. The second dealer states it’s a software glitch with no fix because they really don’t know either. So I just have to deal with it they say.

Yes I’ve had mine to 2 different dealers. 1 dealer just wanted to change out parts until it was corrected because they don’t know what is wrong. The second dealer states it’s a software glitch with no fix because they really don’t know either. So I just have to deal with it they say.
Oh it’s a 2020 limited 25k miles

We see a ton of vehicles back in our shop for air suspension issues. It's most subject to failure in climates with temp variations that go below freezing, or a lot of usage. What usually happens is either a leak in the line (good luck finding from where) which causes the motor to run excessively, burning it out; or condensation inside the system which destroys the pump. The fault code "cooling down", is a prime indicator of the former. In most instances, it's actually cheaper to swap the air suspension with coil, eliminating it entirely from the vehicle. Most high mileage vehicles we take in on trade have this done automatically, due to the amount of complaints we receive from them down the road.

Think about it. Anyone who has used an air compressor for any length of time, knows just how much water exits the tank when you open the check valve. If you left this in the tank, it would cause significant issues; leading up to tank rupture. There are just a lot of issues that can arise from compressing air within a closed system.

In my area, we avoid ordering any vehicles with air suspension whenever possible. It seems to plague the trucks more than the SUV's, but we see plenty of them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back