5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a new Ram EcoD. LOVE IT! BUT, assumed it would be phone-connected-I assumed wrong.

HowdyHo

Reaction score
I saw a video or two on adding it in the dash, seems easy enough. But anyone done this?
Thanx.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean by “phone connected”?

You can definitely connect your phone to it. The most basic way would be via Bluetooth, which should work with just about any phone (even a flip phone), and would allow you to make phone calls, see your contacts/address book on the Ram’s screen, and listen to music from your phone.

The next way would be CarPlay (iPhone) or Android auto. On 2021 and earlier, this method requires a USB connection. 2022 added support for wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. This’ll let you view certain apps from your phone on the screen. Probably the most common example would be using your phone’s maps/navigation instead of the Ram’s navigation.

This way also let’s you use Siri or Android’s voice assistant. Press and hold the voice button on the lower left side of the steering wheel until you hear a beep, then say a Siri (or Android) command like, “call Jane Smith”.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that if you look at your window sticker there was an "option" for connected services delete and you received a credit

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you’re talking about having it connected via an app, that’s in an extra package. My Laramie doesn’t have it ether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HowdyHo

Reaction score
Thank you for popping in guys. My window sticker does say u
”uconnect delete.”
My last car I could start from my phone (I li in the desert). I would like that option again.

if that is too complicated/expensive, at least a remote start.

thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/