5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a 2024 Rebel 1500... which black lugs to use?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question about the McGards. I have the stock night edition 20” rims. Do the McGards cover the lug hole enough to cover the unpainted part? Also, how do they hold up to being removed and installed for tire rotations? I’ve got black lug nut covers on my wheels because I haven’t read any good reviews of aftermarket black lug nuts holding up well. I was going to get the black OEM nuts, but $300 for lug nuts is ridiculous. The linked McGards above are $150 for a set, that’s doable for me. Thanks!

I've had/have both the McGard and the Gorilla lug nuts. The finish on the McGard's are higher quality, but both will start to rust if you use an impact wrench on them. I do my own rotations, so I didn't/don't have any problems with either one rusting. I used my McGard lug nuts on my Night Edition Rebel wheels and the base of the lug nuts were so narrow, you could see a silver ring around each lug nut. I have Gorilla lug nuts on my TRX and they are quite a bit wider, so you can't see any silver around them.

20231123_092747.jpg

cutthroat

Reaction score
I have a 2024 1500 Rebel with black wheels. I tried the dpaccessories black lug nuts and they didn't completely cover the unpainted area of the wheel. Doing some measurements, the lug needs to be 30mm to fully cover the unpainted area. The dpaccessories were 27mm. From my research the gorilla aren't 30mm wide either, thus would leave a silver ring. I ended up going with the Sucoso brand on Amazon. They were cheap enough I just bought two sets and replace if/when needed if they start to rust.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V78HQH3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

-Craig

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2024 1500 Rebel with black wheels. I tried the dpaccessories black lug nuts and they didn't completely cover the unpainted area of the wheel. Doing some measurements, the lug needs to be 30mm to fully cover the unpainted area. The dpaccessories were 27mm. From my research the gorilla aren't 30mm wide either, thus would leave a silver ring. I ended up going with the Sucoso brand on Amazon. They were cheap enough I just bought two sets and replace if/when needed if they start to rust.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V78HQH3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

-Craig

The Gorilla lug nuts are 30mm's wide.

Gorilla.jpeg

cutthroat

Reaction score
ok. Maybe I got those confused with some other lug nut. I looked at I think everyone out there. Here is what the Sucoso look like.
20240203_124539.jpg

cutthroat

Reaction score
Ok. I figured out where I got my information. It appears the Gorilla locking lug nuts are 30mm wide. The non-locking lug nuts I was looking at are 27mm wide.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 143957.png

Users who are viewing this thread