5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla XR-1 Muffler Swap

AndrewGS

Reaction score
I had Aces Performance Exhaust on the Eastex Freeway in Houston swap out the stock muffler for a Borla XR-1 on their recommendation and I'm glad I listened to them. I was going to go Magnaflow but he said the Borla would drone less and after 3,000 miles of mostly 80MPH highway driving I can tell you it's perfect. After a few miles were put on the helicopters stopped following me in 4cyl. mode as well. The stock resonators are still intact.

Here are a few videos.

sjsleuth

Reaction score
Is there a specific model number for the ram if so do you know it?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Great sound (sounds just like my B2 MF, which BTW, doesn’t drone either). Also, you got a great price.
Congrats.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Great sound (sounds just like my B2 MF, which BTW, doesn’t drone either). Also, you got a great price.
Congrats.

Thanks! Yeah, I almost got the MF and could've for $150 out the door, but the shop recommended the Borla. Can't go wrong with either. (y)

shaveman

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I almost got the MF and could've for $150 out the door, but the shop recommended the Borla. Can't go wrong with either. (y)
Very nice! I'm debating whether to get aftermarket exhaust on my truck. I'm still somewhat new to Houston, so it's good to hear about a quality shop.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Where in Houston are you guys located? There are quite a few of us that live around here.
I'm thinking about organizing a meet in the fall so we can meet IRW and check out the trucks, etc.

Cheers,

shaveman

Reaction score
Where in Houston are you guys located? There are quite a few of us that live around here.
I'm thinking about organizing a meet in the fall so we can meet IRW and check out the trucks, etc.

Cheers,
I live in the Lazybrook area, just inside 610 between 18th St and TC Jester. I work in Oak Park near Rogerdale and Westpark Tollway, just west of Beltway 8.

Yes, I've noticed a lot of Houston people on these forums. Should start another thread.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Humble has a downtown???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! Old Main Street. I'm two blocks off Main. Humble is a big area but was once an oil boomtown with a very active downtown district. Now it's surrounded by the City of Houston.

Users who are viewing this thread