5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring Cat Back Exhaust Raleigh, NC???

GTart75

Reaction score
Just checking to see if by chance anyone in the Raleigh, NC area has installed the Borla Touring cat back on their 2019 or 2020 Ram?

I’m dialed in on this one, but I would love to hear it in person before putting it on my truck.

I’ve listened to a bunch of You Tube’s extensively.
I really just want to hear from inside the truck to make sure it’s not changing the inside ride experience very much while on highway driving.

Thanks everyone & hope y’all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just checking to see if by chance anyone in the Raleigh, NC area has installed the Borla Touring cat back on their 2019 or 2020 Ram?

I’m dialed in on this one, but I would love to hear it in person before putting it on my truck.

I really just want to hear from inside the truck to make sure it’s not changing the inside ride experience very much while on highway driving.

I’m running the ATAK which is probably 3X louder than the Touring and it’s fine at highway speeds like 65-75MPH. You only really notice it in town driving or when you hammer on it which is what you want in my opinion.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
I’m running the ATAK which is probably 3X louder than the Touring and it’s fine at highway speeds like 65-75MPH. You only really notice it in town driving or when you hammer on it which is what you want in my opinion.
Glad to hear this cause I just ordered the Atak!!

Bearman95

Reaction score

I just finished installing one on my 2020 Laramie sport 4 x 4 this afternoon. It is a lot louder in person than it is on those videos. I have not had a chance to really drive it yet. But I certainly would not want the S type or the attac. I am in Fort Worth Texas though!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it’s definitely louder than the YouTube videos make it out to be. Some other member on here said about the ATAK that “it makes small children run and grown men look out there windows “ I thought it was funny at the time but now that I have it installed he’s spot on and I’m okay with it but my wife despises it which I’m also okay with.

GTart75

Reaction score
Scott_65
Thanks for input.
What does, “recommend running with MDS off” mean?
(Rookie here on my part)

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Scott_65
Thanks for input.
What does, “recommend running with MDS off” mean?
(Rookie here on my part)

MDS is the Multi Displacement System where the engine will drop to 4 cylinders. You can either use the gear selector or tow mode to override it or you can purchase the Tazer DT and permanently disable it. I always cut it off with the gear selector as I find it doesn’t play well with the exhaust in my experience.

Tusch

Reaction score
I just finished installing the Borla Cat-Back Exhaust "Touring" on my 2020 Limited a few days ago. I was on the fence between the S-Type & Touring and I'm glad I went with the Touring.

For me, it's way louder then stock. I was not expecting it to be this loud in the cabin. One thing to consider is whether you upgrade your air filter or not. (I highly recommend you do) I installed a AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter and that enhances sound as well. (+24 HP / +32 lbs. x ft. Torque • Outflows Factory Intake by up to 54%)

I had a local muffler shop install my Cat-Back Touring. (I never even opened the box). After some local & highway driving, I had to check under the truck today to see if it actually was the Touring and not the S-Type. Obviously plenty loud for me, almost too much in the cabin for my liking. GOOD LUCK!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve also had numerous Borla exhausts on this DT and my wife / daughters can not agree with you more lol. Now I’m on my second yes second Mopar catback and this is where I will stay. Also I have it paired with the Mopar performance air filter. Definitely will never be “ stock “ sounding with any catback in my opinion. :)

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just finished installing the Borla Cat-Back Exhaust "Touring" on my 2020 Limited a few days ago. I was on the fence between the S-Type & Touring and I'm glad I went with the Touring.

For me, it's way louder then stock. I was not expecting it to be this loud in the cabin. One thing to consider is whether you upgrade your air filter or not. (I highly recommend you do) I installed a AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter and that enhances sound as well. (+24 HP / +32 lbs. x ft. Torque • Outflows Factory Intake by up to 54%)

I had a local muffler shop install my Cat-Back Touring. (I never even opened the box). After some local & highway driving, I had to check under the truck today to see if it actually was the Touring and not the S-Type. Obviously plenty loud for me, almost too much in the cabin for my liking. GOOD LUCK!
I only find it loud when you’re WOT which is what you’d expect and only a bit louder than stock when cruising and turning up the tunes will also help. As stated earlier I also always turn MDS off, maybe try that if you haven’t already.

RamSco

Reaction score
I think you’ll be pleased with it, I’d recommend running with MDS off.
Agree completely. I have the Flowmaster American Thunder and I can’t stand the sound of my truck when MDS kicks on. Otherwise, love it. I override MDS routinely now.

Reaction score
I only find it loud when you’re WOT which is what you’d expect and only a bit louder than stock when cruising and turning up the tunes will also help. As stated earlier I also always turn MDS off, maybe try that if you haven’t already.
I installed my own kit. Loud at WOT is the only thing that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread