5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring Cat-Back exhaust (#140758) and Borla Performance Resonator (#60667)

Will711

Reaction score
After reading multiple threads here about performance exhaust systems, I recently purchased and installed both the Borla Touring and Borla Resonator on my new '20 Ram 1500. I have to say that even with the resonator, the Touring is still very loud. I have <300 miles on both and unfortunately Borla will not refund my purchase. Great product, just too loud for me, having factory system put back on tomorrow. Any suggestions on how/where to advertise this system for someone else to purchase is appreciated.

TANDREW822

Reaction score
I have the same setup Borla Touring, was way too loud so i added the Borla Resonator. But kept the factory resonator on and added the Borla resonator in addition, now it's way better. Without the added resonator it was to loud for me as well. My muffler guy recommended this setup, works great. Much quieter inside the cab and still has that nice sound outside.

Ope2019

Reaction score
I have the same setup Borla Touring, was way too loud so i added the Borla Resonator. But kept the factory resonator on and added the Borla resonator in addition, now it's way better. Without the added resonator it was to loud for me as well. My muffler guy recommended this setup, works great. Much quieter inside the cab and still has that nice sound outside.
How did you manage this setup? Is it just the factory resonator welded to the borla resonator which connects to the muffler??
I've been thinking of the touring with resonator, but still hear it's too loud from people.

TANDREW822

Reaction score
Kept the factory resonator as is, then added the Borla resonator between the factory resonator and the muffler, perfect fit with no issues.

Ope2019

Reaction score
Gotcha, I actually just ordered the Magnaflow cat back street series, so hopefully that is the "quiet" option im looking for

Mtbgordon

Reaction score
Kept the factory resonator as is, then added the Borla resonator between the factory resonator and the muffler, perfect fit with no issues.
Have you towed with your setup yet? I ordered the Touring exhaust and resonator. Contemplating keeping the factory resonator to keep cabin noise low while towing a travel trailer. I have the Flowmaster FlowFX catback currently and that is no resonator, just the muffler. Hoping to keep the cabin noise down while cruising.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha, I actually just ordered the Magnaflow cat back street series, so hopefully that is the "quiet" option im looking for

If that's the magnaflow full system, I got one of those early on, back before the borla units were out.
I ordered a Magnaflow 19430 back in the day.
I measured the muffler on it, it's their big 22in unit, the mellow-est one magnaflow makes.

On my old Ram I had a Borla XR1 muffler on a stock system. Goddamn did I love that sound :ROFLMAO:
Sounded amazing, but the noise level was on the high side.
I would guess it fit between the S-type and the ATAK.
Every so so I'd leave the ex girlfriend's house at 2am, and a frozen street sent that sound everywhere.
I started to park farther and farther away.

As much as I enjoyed playing the song of our people for the prius drivers, I wanted something more tame next time.
Noise wise the magnaflow is a big step down from the XR1 in all phases. Coldstarts, wide open throttle, MDS on, everything.
Being honest I was almost disappointed at first . :LOL:

I felt like I went a smidge too quiet, and that the borla sound profile is incredible, from a musical perspective.
2 years later, I'm a fan of the magnaflow.
To me in my mind, it's the after market exhaust for a guy who wants to HEAR the V8, get some better flow than the stock unit, BUT you like your neighbors and/or your wife/girlfriend would waterboard you if you put a straightpipe on the truck.

In 3 words, "Mellow distant thundercloud."
Coming from the XR1 there are times I wish it was louder!
But I do like the sound, and it absolutely improved my enjoyment of the truck.
Absolutely, no question.

I wonder if the sound has sweetened some in 2 years and ~30,000 miles, or if it's just me appreciating it the way I should have in the first place.

TxAg98

Reaction score
If you're interested in selling, send me a PM. Im looking at the Touring for my '21 Laramie.

TANDREW822

Reaction score
Have you towed with your setup yet? I ordered the Touring exhaust and resonator. Contemplating keeping the factory resonator to keep cabin noise low while towing a travel trailer. I have the Flowmaster FlowFX catback currently and that is no resonator, just the muffler. Hoping to keep the cabin noise down while cruising.
Haven't towed yet, TT been sitting in driveway with everything going on and alot of campgrounds closed here. However i recommend keeping stock resonator on and adding the additional Borla resonator, otherwise it may be too loud. It was for me that's why i went with this set up.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never saw a response to if you were looking to sell. Where are you located. If you're thinking of selling, let me know. Thanks

Bizkit

Reaction score
With your setup how much did adding the borla resonator tame the sound of the touring? on a scale of 1 to 10

TANDREW822

Reaction score
I've had the Borla Touring on now for a little over a year now. The added resonator was in my opinion really helpful at reducing cabin noise, interior level reduced by maybe 20% or so. Just normal driving the interior sound is good, my biggest problem i still tend to give it a little extra peddle now and then cuz i do like the sound. However when towing it's okay until you come to a grade then it a little louder than i'd like but still livable.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
After a year or so of watching hundreds of exhaust videos, I finally pulled the trigger and got the Borla Touring system. I was very pleased with how nicely it fit on the truck and how easy it easy it was to install. The 5in tips suit the truck perfectly. The first time I started the truck I was shocked at how loud it was. The tone and sound were exactly what I wanted but it was Much louder than I anticipated. I may end up adding the resonator later down the line. For now, regardless of the chilly temps, i am running around town with windows cracked open to hear the hemi roar. These trucks are so quiet from the factory(a good thing), and if I towed more than twice a year, I probably wouldn‘t want a loud exhaust.

At warm idle, this thing reminds me of some old boat Marine v8 with big exhaust. Such a nice tone.

Accessory.Parts (site vendor here) had the best pricing by a long shot and super service. I will be buying from them for all my aftermarket part needs.

Last edited:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After a year or so of watching hundreds of exhaust videos, I finally pulled the trigger and got the Borla Touring system. I was very pleased with how nicely it fit on the truck and how easy it easy it was to install. The 5in tips suit the truck perfectly. The first time I started the truck I was shocked at how loud it was. The tone and sound were exactly what I wanted but it was Much louder than I anticipated. I may end up adding the resonator later down the line. For now, regardless of the chilly temps, i am running around town with windows cracked open to hear the hemi roar. These trucks are so quiet from the factory(a good thing), and if I towed more than twice a year, I probably wouldn‘t want a loud exhaust.

At warm idle, this thing reminds me of some old boat Marine v8 with big exhaust. Such a nice tone.

Accessory.Parts (site vendor here) had the best pricing by a long shot and super service. I will be buying from them for all my aftermarket part needs.

Ah, I think a cold-cold start reallllly lets the borlas sing.

Once upon a time I had an XR1 muffler on the stock setup of my old ram rebel (gen1).
Noise wise it's prooobably between an S-type and an ATAK.
I was leaving my now ex-girlfriend's apartment at ~3am, and I'd cringe. :LOL:

The frozen streets, cold air?
I knew I was about to open a can of whoopass.
[Clicks fob twice]
>Mechanical whirring

BOOOOOOOOOOM
WHOM'WHOM'WHOM'WHOM

ijya0vi6kuoz.png

By the time summer rolls around it should settle into the normal exhaust note. It probably just seems more jarring because it's cold, AND you're hearing it back to back with the stock exhaust, which was in MY opinion, way too quiet!

Jr22

Reaction score
I am on the fence of getting the touring with the resonator on my 20 limited. Does anyone have any sound clips in cabin windows up with the touring and resonator installed? I might even put two lol. I just want something a little louder than stock but not too loud as many have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/