5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla S-Type Self Install

MNiceguy

Reaction score
My Borla S-Type arrived and I'm itching to get it installed on the RAM. I've done cat-back installs in the past so I'm fine with the mechanics of the job this time.

I've watched a few videos of the removal of the factory system and all of them show dropping the OEM muffler down and carefully pulling it forward. It looks to me like you have to drop it down quite a bit. For those of you that did this job yourselves, is it possible to do it with only stands/ramps? If a lift is required then I'm going to have to bite the bullet and have a shop do it.

EvoRAM

Reaction score
I just installed mine like 2 days ago. I was struggling getting it out but after removing the spare and shroud, there should be little to no effort pulling it out.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
It’s not bad. You’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreatWhite

Reaction score
I was able to do my magnaflow system myself. I ended up cutting the factory exhaust on the drive side near the spare because I couldn't get it to pass through. Oh well

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I was able to do my magnaflow system myself. I ended up cutting the factory exhaust on the drive side near the spare because I couldn't get it to pass through. Oh well

Mine went int the metal bin :)

Snakes709

Reaction score
I did mine myself on jack stands. Had my wife help me remove the oem muffler section. Gotta pull it out on a angle from the front/passenger side.

mike12193

Reaction score
I did mine on ramps. Drop the spare tire and remove the shroud. It will slide right out.
Good luck!!

MNiceguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I was able to get everything in easily by using ramps to lift the rear of the vehicle. If you don't plan to cut the OEM exhaust then dropping the spare tire, removing its shields, and getting a friend to help are all you need to do. In the instructions, Borla recommended unhooking the sway bar link on one side but I didn't find that necessary.

The Borla setup installed extremely easily and I was glad to see that only three clamps are used in this application. Everything looks and sounds great so far.

Users who are viewing this thread