5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla S-Type and Multi Function Tailgate /Middle bed step

Bonzma

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2021 Limited with the MFT and the bed step that is located just to the right of the left exhaust tip - see photo. I’m looking to install a Borla S-Type Cat Back. I read somewhere on this forum that they had an issue with a flowmaster rubbing on the step.

I’ve included a pic of the step and would really like to confirm someone has installed a borla s-type with the middle step and have no issues.

thanks in advance FE862DF0-CDEA-45E1-9A47-BA425929F2F4.jpeg A5A07727-3814-4BFF-B9C0-CF9239975475.jpeg

ExT

Reaction score
I have the exact set up as yours. Been running on the S Type for a week now without any issue though the tips were very hot. I didn’t keep the stock exhaust long enough to notice how hot it was lol.

Bonzma

Reaction score
I have the exact set up as yours. Been running on the S Type for a week now without any issue though the tips were very hot. I didn’t keep the stock exhaust long enough to notice how hot it was lol.
I was thinking the borla tips being 5in would be really close to the step. So they aren’t touching at all and the heat isn’t messing with the step? Thanks for the help.

ExT

Reaction score
Not at all. I was actually afraid the heat would affect the lower bumper around the tips but it’s probably designed to withstand so it’s all good. The tips are 5” but not very close to the bumper when installed property though.

Bonzma

Reaction score
Not at all. I was actually afraid the heat would affect the lower bumper around the tips but it’s probably designed to withstand so it’s all good. The tips are 5” but not very close to the bumper when installed property though.
Perfect thanks a lot !!!!!!!

Bonzma

Reaction score
i installed the touring today. Perfect fit and really easy to install. If you remove the spare tire and shroud around it, the stock system pulls right out with no cutting. My limited has air suspension so putting it on the highest setting allowed me to do the removal and install without ramps or jacks. Couldn’t be any easier. Using an exhaust hanger removal tool and hitting the hangers with wd40 the entire removal and install took less than 90 min and a couple beers

ExT

Reaction score
i installed the touring today. Perfect fit and really easy to install. If you remove the spare tire and shroud around it, the stock system pulls right out with no cutting. My limited has air suspension so putting it on the highest setting allowed me to do the removal and install without ramps or jacks. Couldn’t be any easier. Using an exhaust hanger removal tool and hitting the hangers with wd40 the entire removal and install took less than 90 min and a couple beers
Nice. How do you like the Touring?

Bonzma

Reaction score
It sounds awesome. A bit louder than I thought it would be but in the end sounds great. I plan to let it burn in for the next couple months and see if it settles down. If I still think it’s a bit too loud I’ll just add the borla resonator.

ExT

Reaction score
My S Type eventually got louder a bit after breaking in. So I guess it will apply to your Touring as well. Hope the resonators will tame it down if you decide to go that route.

Bonzma

Reaction score
My S Type eventually got louder a bit after breaking in. So I guess it will apply to your Touring as well. Hope the resonators will tame it down if you decide to go that route.
That’s weird as everything I’ve read in these forums says they quiet down after approx 1500-2000 miles. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread