5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Pro XS

mpurkey

Reaction score
Had the Borla Pro XS installed on my 19 Rebel yesterday and so far loving the extra rumble and deep tone. I just had the muffler Installed and left the tips stock as I love the look of the Rebel as is. What I am noticing though is that there are some small “weep holes” in the rear resonators that now that there is more air coming out the back it sounds a bit like an exhaust leak. After break in on muffler so I can get a good feel for sound level I may remove the resonators all together.

Rustin5

Reaction score
Had the Borla Pro XS installed on my 19 Rebel yesterday and so far loving the extra rumble and deep tone. I just had the muffler Installed and left the tips stock as I love the look of the Rebel as is. What I am noticing though is that there are some small “weep holes” in the rear resonators that now that there is more air coming out the back it sounds a bit like an exhaust leak. After break in on muffler so I can get a good feel for sound level I may remove the resonators all together.
How much of a sound difference compared to stock? Looking at this or a flow master 70 series/magnaflow 22” to get a deeper tone but not raise the decibel level too much. I work shift work and don’t want to wake the wife up at 3 am rattling stuff off the walls when I crank it lol

popcenator

Reaction score
From the couple videos I've watched, removing the resonators will definitely improve the sound.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mpurkey

Reaction score
How much of a sound difference compared to stock? Looking at this or a flow master 70 series/magnaflow 22” to get a deeper tone but not raise the decibel level too much. I work shift work and don’t want to wake the wife up at 3 am rattling stuff off the walls when I crank it lol

You definitely won’t rattle any windows with it. It’s noticeably louder from inside the truck at idle and I think quite a deeper sound. No resonation at all so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth between the Borla ProXS/resonator delete and the Borla S-Type. I had the ProXS with 5" tips from Moe's on my 2012 and it sounded great, I got a lot of compliments on it. Nice and deep.

mpurkey

Reaction score
Not a very detailed sound clip but gives you perhaps some idea.

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
I have the Borla Pro XS on my Ram and removed the resonators. The sound is so much better, a deep rumble without the air leak sound. My gas mileage has been dropping because I love the sound of the exhaust.

popcenator

Reaction score
If I were to go that route, I'd probably add 5" tips to round it out. Probably Carven as I don't know of any other options really. How much did it run you for the muffler swap and delete? Any drone at any RPM?

Last edited:

mpurkey

Reaction score
I have the Borla Pro XS on my Ram and removed the resonators. The sound is so much better, a deep rumble without the air leak sound. My gas mileage has been dropping because I love the sound of the exhaust.

Curious if it caused any droning inside afterwards?

mpurkey

Reaction score
If I were to go that route, I'd probably add 5" tips to round it out. Probably Carven as I don't know if any other options really. How much did it run you for the muffler swap and delete? Any drone at any RPM?

No drone at all with resonators in place. $268 for muffler install. Pretty good price in my opinion given I don’t have the necessary stuff to do it myself.

mpurkey

Reaction score
I don't notice any drone but I can hear when MDS kicks in, the exhaust note changes.

Same with me when mds kicks in. I try to remember switch to manual mode but often forget.

popcenator

Reaction score
I don't suppose you'd be able to get a drive by video or video driving away would you? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Borla S-Type but want to make sure this isn't the route I want to go first.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Installed borla pro xs on my 21 and I’m getting bad drone at 1300-1700 rpm cruising, I did not touch stock resonators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online