5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Pro XS

JTD

Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently I installed a pro xs in place of the the factory muffler and kept the resonators in place. There is a noticeable difference in sound and I’m overall pleased with the outcome. My curiosity has me wondering about removing the rear resonators. I would like to know if anyone has done this and their thoughts.

WesCherry

Reaction score
I have the same exhaust setup as you and have been wondering the same thing. I read that deleting the rear resonators removes the "whooshing" sound but I can't confirm.

Reactions: JTD

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
i say this but i have no idea how it actually works but i heard it in the past... apparently theres weep holes in the resonators that if you plug them it helps the leaky whoosh noise.

JTD

Reaction score
I just uploaded a video to YouTube. Cold start. If you look up J TD or Borla pro xs it should come up. Black ram. Definitely recommend using headphones for better sound quality.

Ramdo

Reaction score
I modified using this muffler and skipped straight to the Resonator delete. Honestly love the sound of ignition, and when pulling out/flooring the accelerator. Highway driving is barely louder than stock, even without resonators. Both exhaust shops I went to tried to convince me to keep resonators because they had previous complaints with Flowmaster/Magnaflow/knock-offs having drone, but they hadn't had any experience with Borla so they wanted to be reserved. This isn't nearly as loud as FM and to me sounds excellent at its level.

Users who are viewing this thread