5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla muffler 40353

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone did a muffler swap with this one and kept stock resonators

whetrick1

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone did a muffler swap with this one and kept stock resonators

Not that one I used the 40349 and it sounds great. Not too loud and hardly any drone. But on the 19's they have to make a couple of pipes to hook the duals back up. The original tail pipes hook together and then go into the muffler. The original muffler on mine was one in and one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Not that one I used the 40349 and it sounds great. Not too loud and hardly any drone. But on the 19's they have to make a couple of pipes to hook the duals back up. The original tail pipes hook together and then go into the muffler. The original muffler on mine was one in and one out.

Hi you say your original was one in and one out like mine why did you switch to one in and 2 out. Also with the 40349 did you keep your resonators and if so did it drone bad when the mds kicked in. Thanks

whetrick1

Reaction score
Hi you say your original was one in and one out like mine why did you switch to one in and 2 out. Also with the 40349 did you keep your resonators and if so did it drone bad when the mds kicked in. Thanks

No real bad. When the MDS kicks little drone. When accelerating sounds good. Kept the resonators to help keep the drone down. Don't have to turn the radio up any louder. But it sounds great when you get on it.

Users who are viewing this thread