5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla/MF on a 6.4 box

skcgeek01

Reaction score
So dumb question for those who have swapped your exhaust....has anyone done this on a crew cab with a 6.4 box ( thus the 153.5 wheelbase)? I just ordered my new Ram last week but everything I've found on either site is for the 5.7 box and the shorter wheelbase.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty much all the cat-backs I've seen are for the 5'7" bed and not the 6'4". Honestly I may just replace the muffler... the exhaust is already 409 stainless.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I just replaced the stock muffler with a 14” 5x8 oval magnaflow, part #14239. Louder than stock and sounds good while accelerating but quiets to a barely noticeable rumble when cruising at highway speeds. If you want really loud all the time then this would not be the one to go with. 20 years ago I would have just straight piped the whole thing to make it as loud as possible but getting to old and laid back nowadays!:sneaky:

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I just replaced the stock muffler with a 14” 5x8 oval magnaflow. Louder than stock and sounds good while accelerating but quiets to a barely noticeable rumble when cruising at highway speeds. If you want really loud all the time then this would not be the one to go with. 20 years ago I would have just straight piped the whole thing to make it as loud as possible but getting to old and laid back nowadays!:sneaky:

I've been going back and forth between the 14" or 18" but most of the reviews have been for older trucks... based on what you are saying I'm more leaning towards the 14"

omalley72

Reaction score
Yep, I just replaced the stock muffler with a 14” 5x8 oval magnaflow. Louder than stock and sounds good while accelerating but quiets to a barely noticeable rumble when cruising at highway speeds. If you want really loud all the time then this would not be the one to go with. 20 years ago I would have just straight piped the whole thing to make it as loud as possible but getting to old and laid back nowadays!:sneaky:

I would be interested in hearing how it sounds. What is the part # of the muffler you ordered?

warmachine

Reaction score
So dumb question for those who have swapped your exhaust....has anyone done this on a crew cab with a 6.4 box ( thus the 153.5 wheelbase)? I just ordered my new Ram last week but everything I've found on either site is for the 5.7 box and the shorter wheelbase.

I put the Magnaflow catback on my crew cab 6'4" box. It fits with no modification required

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth between the 14" or 18" but most of the reviews have been for older trucks... based on what you are saying I'm more leaning towards the 14"
Yes go with the 14”. A friend of mine has a ‘15 Ram with a 18” magnaflow and it sounds the same as the 14” on mine. Larger resonators on the ‘19 I guess.

skcgeek01

Reaction score
I put the Magnaflow catback on my crew cab 6'4" box. It fits with no modification required
That's astonishing warmachine.....you'd think it'd be short since the wheel base is longer than the 5.7

warmachine

Reaction score
That's astonishing warmachine.....you'd think it'd be short since the wheel base is longer than the 5.7

The Magnaflow site states All cabs, all beds

Attachments

• 8768E5EA-AF95-44A7-AA8E-799569181E88.png
    8768E5EA-AF95-44A7-AA8E-799569181E88.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Volkster

Reaction score
Part # 14239
This is something I'm looking for. I just want something slightly louder than stock at idle/cruise speeds that sounds moderately louder only under hard acceleration. You left the stock resonators in place? Some others mentioned it doesn't sound good when they are left in. Can you post a quick sound clip from behind the truck? (at idle and revving). If I think it's still too loud, I may go with the 18" (#14264). Also, being it's a 5x8 oval offset/offset configuration, I assume that it matches the offset/spacing of the stock muffler? So you just need to cut out the OEM muffler and this one will basically line right up?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is something I'm looking for. I just want something slightly louder than stock at idle/cruise speeds that sounds moderately louder only under hard acceleration. You left the stock resonators in place? Some others mentioned it doesn't sound good when they are left in. Can you post a quick sound clip from behind the truck? (at idle and revving). If I think it's still too loud, I may go with the 18" (#14264). Also, being it's a 5x8 oval offset/offset configuration, I assume that it matches the offset/spacing of the stock muffler? So you just need to cut out the OEM muffler and this one will basically line right up?
Yes, I just replaced the stock muffler with this one, lined right up with the inlet and outlet offsets. My resonators are still in place with no mods, still stock. IMO this is the sound you are looking for. I will try to post sound clip when I can, I do not have the truck momentarily, having lights installed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/