5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak vs S-Type vs Touring - Show of Hands!

Did you get what you wanted or did you regret the purchase after?

• 1. Happy Atak Owner

• 1. UnHappy Atak Owner

• 1. Happy S-Type Owner

• 1. Unhappy S-Type Owner

• 1. Happy Touring Owner

• 1. Unhappy Touring Owner

• 2. Atak Gone.. S-Type On

• 2. S-Type Gone.. Atak On

• 2. S-Type Gone.. Touring On

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
So, I am contemplating ATAK vs S-Type for my truck, heard a truck with the atak on it and sounded nice. Worried about it being too loud on cold start up. So it got me thinking, a poll would show how many people like what or regret getting what they got.

Also, has anyone had the B2 magnaflow and traded up for the Atak or S-type care to chime how much louder the exhaust is to the B2 stuff?

Show of hands everyone.

You can provide 2 answer. 1 Selection from .1 and one selection from .2 ...

Amazing93

Reaction score
I think the stype is plenty loud. I hear it all the time in my truck. Any louder and it would be annoying imo. Its loud under acceleration and noticeable cruising.

Tazithman

Reaction score
s-type without resonators is a good sound. Not too loud, but definately there. I'm not a huge fan of overly loud exhaust though, almost like your trying too hard.

Reaction score
s-type without resonators is a good sound. Not too loud, but definately there. I'm not a huge fan of overly loud exhaust though, almost like your trying too hard.

I’m just terrible with things like this. I go back and fourth when I can’t hear the exhaust in person both outside and inside the vechicle.. It wasn’t like this with the B2, I just up and purchased it. I guess it’s all the back and fourth on how loud the S-Type is and Atak is..

I will admit I am having a terrible time with this decision lol.. I should’ve be hard but it’s not like I can return it once’s I get it or trade with someone as it may not be that easy.

Tazithman

Reaction score
One thing to note is if you like louder, you can get the atak but if its a bit too loud, you could add resonators after the fact to tone it down

ARAM2

Reaction score
One thing to note is if you like louder, you can get the atak but if its a bit too loud, you could add resonators after the fact to tone it down

I just got the Borla Atak installed on my 2019 Big Horn. This Is an aggressive exhaust. Wow it is loud! It is so loud my wife refuses to ride in my truck.

Does anyone have any details on the resonator (part 60667)? Number of decibels that decreases by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just got the Borla Atak installed on my 2019 Big Horn. This Is an aggressive exhaust. Wow it is loud! It is so loud my wife refuses to ride in my truck.

Does anyone have any details on the resonator (part 60667)? Number of decibels that decreases by?

I am sure glad that I went with the S-type!!!

TAL2GK

Reaction score
I just installed my S-Type. Wow, what a great exhaust! The sound is deeper, more menacing, but not overly loud. Driving on the highway is is barely noticeable. No intrusion or affect on conversations or listening to music. In fact, I opened the rear window in an effort to hear more. The only time it is loud is at WOT and even then it isn't harsh. My neighborhood hosts several older trucks with obviously lower-quality aftermarket exhausts and the difference is obvious. It is noise vs. sound. Many of the truck exhausts rattle and make loud noise, but it is no one's definition of pleasant.

This Borla S-Type, to me, is the grown-up version of a child-like passion. Every time I start it up, I think of Tim, the Tool Man, Taylor. When I hear some of the other trucks in my neighborhood, I think of Joe Dirt.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
This isn't worthy of my own thread, but sharing here for others' benefit. The installation was a fun Veteran's Day activity in the rain and the result is exactly what I wanted.

Attachments

• Ram Borla Install3.jpg
    Ram Borla Install3.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Ram Borla Install4.jpg
    Ram Borla Install4.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 176
  • Ram Borla Install5 Drew.jpg
    Ram Borla Install5 Drew.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 178

Morenar

Reaction score
This isn't worthy of my own thread, but sharing here for others' benefit. The installation was a fun Veteran's Day activity in the rain and the result is exactly what I wanted.
I see you have a 2021 Ram like I do. Sounds like the Borla S-Type fits it even though Borla has not confirmed fitment yet. Did you have any issues with the install or modifications you needed to make since it was a 2021?

TAL2GK

Reaction score
No. Everything fit like a glove.

I did have to cut the OEM exhaust in order to remove it, but many say they have to do that anyway. It was easier to put the Borla on than to take off the OEM.

Morenar

Reaction score
No. Everything fit like a glove.

I did have to cut the OEM exhaust in order to remove it, but many say they have to do that anyway. It was easier to put the Borla on than to take off the OEM.
Sweet, I had been leaning towards the Corsa but the more I listen to Borla S-type the more I like it. Corsa still has not confirmed fitment either and I could not find anyone who had installed it on a 2021. You may have made my decision easier for me. :)

NiteRAM

Reaction score
Just installed the borla touring. It’s way louder than stock. Need to get used to it but makes the ram actually sound like a truck.

waterhamhawk

Reaction score
I’m in the touring camp with my limited. At first I thought it was a little too loud. Wife loves the sound. I really like underpasses now. hehe..Now if I need to make a point!!! I just gun it a bit....Case closed! 👍🏻

sep1006

Reaction score
I just installed my S-Type. Wow, what a great exhaust! The sound is deeper, more menacing, but not overly loud. Driving on the highway is is barely noticeable. No intrusion or affect on conversations or listening to music. In fact, I opened the rear window in an effort to hear more. The only time it is loud is at WOT and even then it isn't harsh. My neighborhood hosts several older trucks with obviously lower-quality aftermarket exhausts and the difference is obvious. It is noise vs. sound. Many of the truck exhausts rattle and make loud noise, but it is no one's definition of pleasant.

This Borla S-Type, to me, is the grown-up version of a child-like passion. Every time I start it up, I think of Tim, the Tool Man, Taylor. When I hear some of the other trucks in my neighborhood, I think of Joe Dirt.

EXACTLY what he said. I was also surprised at how quiet it is while cruising.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Went with the Touring cause I didn't want to tick off my neighbor's. Looks like that might happen anyway cause cold starts are LOUD. It seems there's not much difference in volume between the 3 Borlas on a cold start for the first 20 seconds or so. I did check "Happy Touring Owner" though I'm still not happy with the fitment. Love the sound but for a system that costs this much they need to work on their QC. There's several other threads regarding fitment issues. I had to get creative to get everything lined up.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
There's little to no difference in sound on the cold startups other than the raspiness of the Atak. Those with the ANC and crew cab / long bed configuration won't hear the exhaust as much as others do. And it's still not nearly as loud as some chargers/challengers with the 5.7 hemi. Any of the 3 are definitely better than stock, just depends how much noise you want while driving/cruising.

Users who are viewing this thread