5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak too noisy :( :( :(

TyH2009

Reaction score
The tone is one of the best I've had from an exhaust, that's for sure, it just had a good amount of drone when cruising which some have I've seen. It's still the loudest exhaust I've ever had even with the resonator but now I barely hear it unless I'm aggressively accelerating.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Do you have 3.92’s? Just curious if it’s cuz you’d cruise closer to 2,000 rpm’s on the highway.

popcenator

Reaction score
Do you have 3.92’s? Just curious if it’s cuz you’d cruise closer to 2,000 rpm’s on the highway.
I do, and that's likely it. My RPMs are around 1700-2000 pretty consistently.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No issues with Borla ATAK on my truck cruising at any speed. Zero drone. You can hear the exhaust, but it's not drone. My old M/T tires made more noise than the exhaust on the highway.

TyH2009

Reaction score
No issues with Borla ATAK on my truck cruising at any speed. Zero drone. You can hear the exhaust, but it's not drone. My old M/T tires made more noise than the exhaust on the highway.
Oh I agree. I love the no drone. The guy above was saying he was getting drone on the highway. I asked if maybe cuz he had 3.92s that put him higher in the rpm range in the “baritone“ sound Borla has around 1,800-2,000 rpm’s while accelerating or something.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have 3.92s and no drone.
If you didn't want to hear the exhaust you should not of changed from stock.
2k rpms is normal driving on the highway with cruise control set with 3.92 gears.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I agree. I love the no drone. The guy above was saying he was getting drone on the highway. I asked if maybe cuz he had 3.92s that put him higher in the rpm range in the “baritone“ sound Borla has around 1,800-2,000 rpm’s while accelerating or something.
I have 3.92s. only time I really hear that sound is around those RPMs in a lower gear about 55-60. Cruising on freeway in 8th at 2k RPM, it's just a nice quite exhaust sound easily covered up with a little bit of radio and still able to hold normal conversations. I'm thinking some of these people who claim it drones have never actually experienced exhaust drone in a vehicle. My old 2005 Magnum had horrible drone. Kids hated riding in back seat. Wife hated riding in it. Had to raise your voice to talk, and the radio would never get loud enough to completely drown it out. Plus you could "feel" it in your chest and head. Not good for long road trips.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the touring muffler that was cut off to install the s type muffler. Ill trade my touring for your atak?
Super kind of you, but OP is in Dubai.

Speaking of which, we can't assume info or parts are as readily available over there for a truck that's not nearly as popular there as here. I was there this past January for a bit - plenty of awesome car and truck customizations, but didn't see any domestic trucks outside of Raptors or TRXs.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I have 3.92s. only time I really hear that sound is around those RPMs in a lower gear about 55-60. Cruising on freeway in 8th at 2k RPM, it's just a nice quite exhaust sound easily covered up with a little bit of radio and still able to hold normal conversations. I'm thinking some of these people who claim it drones have never actually experienced exhaust drone in a vehicle. My old 2005 Magnum had horrible drone. Kids hated riding in back seat. Wife hated riding in it. Had to raise your voice to talk, and the radio would never get loud enough to completely drown it out. Plus you could "feel" it in your chest and head. Not good for long road trips.
Agree. I’ve had some loud/drony cars in past, this S-type is nothing. Hah

Users who are viewing this thread