5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak on 2020 Ram BH

Dwells3110

Reaction score
I’ve seen some threads talking about the Borla Atak rubbing on the passenger side suspension bump stop. Mine happened to do the same but I was able to make some clearance between the two. Not enough to fit my finger between but hopefully enough not to rub anymore. Based on the pictures, does this seem to be the same amount of clearance everyone else has? F6A0A177-A2C5-46E4-8B1F-8DBAC8217B0A.jpeg

Attachments

• 39ECF33F-AD45-476A-B9EB-26FF19A45626.jpeg
    39ECF33F-AD45-476A-B9EB-26FF19A45626.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 14

Louhound88

Reaction score
I’ve seen some threads talking about the Borla Atak rubbing on the passenger side suspension bump stop. Mine happened to do the same but I was able to make some clearance between the two. Not enough to fit my finger between but hopefully enough not to rub anymore. Based on the pictures, does this seem to be the same amount of clearance everyone else has? View attachment 122855
I have the Borla S type. Mine is even closer than this. Sometimes i'll hear it bump into it when moving slow and turning hard left. But I ended up wrapping the area with some exhaust tape to keep the noise down lol. Borla said they'd reimburse me if I had a muffler shop fix it, but I just never got around to it.

Dwells3110

Reaction score
I have the Borla S type. Mine is even closer than this. Sometimes i'll hear it bump into it when moving slow and turning hard left. But I ended up wrapping the area with some exhaust tape to keep the noise down lol. Borla said they'd reimburse me if I had a muffler shop fix it, but I just never got around to it.
Borla told me they will send out some new parts to the exhaust to see if they fit better than the current but seeing how everyone seems to have the same issue I don’t wanna even bother wasting my time going through the hassle of taking it off the hangers again to put a new one with the same issue back on. Oh well see what happens and maybe put the tape on if they end up touching again haha.

Louhound88

Reaction score
Borla told me they will send out some new parts to the exhaust to see if they fit better than the current but seeing how everyone seems to have the same issue I don’t wanna even bother wasting my time going through the hassle of taking it off the hangers again to put a new one with the same issue back on. Oh well see what happens and maybe put the tape on if they end up touching again haha.
Yeah I asked for replacement parts but they would only want to reimburse for repairs. Found a shop but could never find time to go. Been about 9 months now and hasn't damaged anything, so I'm not too worried.

Users who are viewing this thread