5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak exhaust sounds quiet

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I know what you're thinking, I'm going crazy. Believe me, I think I am too.

Love the sound of this exhaust. Love to just stomp on the gas and hear it roar.

I got sick and had to stay home for a week. We had a good amount of sleet here this week and temps have been well below freezing. I jumped in the truck the other morning and the exhaust didn't sound right. I thought maybe it had to do with it being in 4wd and continued to work. Coming home it still sounded muffled in 2wd.

I've been driving all this morning and can't figure it out. Maybe I'm losing my hearing 🤣

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly the ANC offsetting the exhaust?

Burnzie

Reaction score
You stated " You got sick and had to stay home for a weeek' could you possibly still be sick ( if it was a head cold that will
affect your hearing) but I'm just a guynoclogist/Zamboni driver

Hemidakota

Reaction score
You stated " You got sick and had to stay home for a weeek' could you possibly still be sick ( if it was a head cold that will
affect your hearing) but I'm just a guynoclogist/Zamboni driver
Sinus infection. Good possibility.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The state of the transfer case (4 Hi, 4Auto, 4Lo 2Wd) has zero to do with engine and exhaust. I am not sure how that connection was made.

Exhaust is pretty basic. Not a lot to go wrong with it. Aside from a chipmunk storing a bunch of nuts up there clogging it up, nothing really makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread