5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla ATAK Cold Start

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Love the Atak think it might be to loud for my neighbors and 4 small children. Any one know if adding a borla resonator to the Atak will still be more aggressive then the s-type or is is practically the same after neutering it ?
It's really not that bad. If you drive low key and not hammer the pedal all the time it's daily tame.

It sounds more like a truck should sound IMO with the Borla Atak. I can cruise/coast along and it's quiet. I can have phone calls through the truck and no issues.

But, if I want the 5yr old in me to smile ear to ear, I can mash the gas and let it roar. It's nice and makes it feel/sound like a truck with a Hemi should.

I am going to take a vid and post it tomorrow once this wind dies down a bit. I will have a before and after video to compare.

Jyates04

Reaction score
Sweet! How do you like the overall sound going thru gears with the e-torque?
It barks if you have it right to the rug, normal driving it sounds amazing I don’t use the auto start-stop.

Attached is a clip of normal acceleration, cruising at 40mph and the volume was at 12.

Jyates04

Reaction score
It's really not that bad. If you drive low key and not hammer the pedal all the time it's daily tame.

It sounds more like a truck should sound IMO with the Borla Atak. I can cruise/coast along and it's quiet. I can have phone calls through the truck and no issues.

But, if I want the 5yr old in me to smile ear to ear, I can mash the gas and let it roar. It's nice and makes it feel/sound like a truck with a Hemi should.

I am going to take a vid and post it tomorrow once this wind dies down a bit. I will have a before and after video to compare.
It’s nowhere near what everyone made it out to be all over the internet. I love it and am happy I went with the ATAK vs the Touring or S Type.

Hsmith5

Reaction score
I agree with everyone else. I expected it to be louder and was planning to add the resonator if it was to loud for the neighbors. But as long as you don’t floor it it’s not bad. I have the S Type on my Durango R/T and the ATAK sounds so much better.

390hemi

Reaction score
I was finally able to get a decent cold start video. It was -9 here this morning. Exhaust has around 1000 miles on it so far, absolutely love it.

Sounds great.
I was deterred from the atak from reading the threads here and some video clips.
I just installed the carven muffler on my 20 rebel, and it didn't put the grin on my face I was looking for. While it has a nice tone it's barely louder than stock. I may just delete the rear resonators and see if I Iike that before I go to the atak.

Users who are viewing this thread