5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla ATAK Cold Start

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Man the Ataks sound awesome! I'm picking up my Rebel Saturday, I think I am going with the Borla over the Carven exhaust. Did you install it yourself? Ease of install?

Jyates04

Reaction score
Man the Ataks sound awesome! I'm picking up my Rebel Saturday, I think I am going with the Borla over the Carven exhaust. Did you install it yourself? Ease of install?
I didn’t install it myself but the shop who did my work said it fit better than the factory exhaust. They said it was harder getting the stock unit off than installing the Borla.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
I didn’t install it myself but the shop who did my work said it fit better than the factory exhaust. They said it was harder getting the stock unit off than installing the Borla.
I'm in NH too, not sure where you are at. I might get a shop to do it with the headers. Where did you go if you dont mind me asking?

bdm219

Reaction score
I have the Atak Catback also, installed it early last summer. It sounds awesome.

Hsmith5

Reaction score

I installed my wife's Borla Exhaust on her Durango last year by myself and it was extremely easy and no cutting what so ever. I let the shop install the Atak on my truck since they were doing everything else at that time.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
I installed my wife's Borla Exhaust on her Durango last year by myself and it was extremely easy and no cutting what so ever. I let the shop install the Atak on my truck since they were doing everything else at that time.
I would do it but a few issues... I don't have a good lift plus its mid Winter and cold as hell up here -4 this morning o_O and I don't want to wait. Lucky for me a local shop I use said they would install for 100$.

Jyates04

Reaction score
I would do it but a few issues... I don't have a good lift plus its mid Winter and cold as hell up here -4 this morning o_O and I don't want to wait. Lucky for me a local shop I use said they would install for 100$.
I had B&B in Farmington do it!

Jyates04

Reaction score
I found my local shop can install it this upcoming Thursday. I just picked up the ol girl this weekend.
I’m anxious to see what you think of it. After reading the posts in here I was nervous. I heard it for the first time and my first thought was “that’s what everyone’s bitching about?!” My stock Scat Pack Challenger was louder

Backinblk

Reaction score
I was finally able to get a decent cold start video. It was -9 here this morning. Exhaust has around 1000 miles on it so far, absolutely love it.
How long have ya had it now. I always ran flownaster 2 chamber duals. But love how this sounds and wanna be different

Jyates04

Reaction score
How long have ya had it now. I always ran flownaster 2 chamber duals. But love how this sounds and wanna be different
2 months and about 1000 or so miles. Seems like it’s getting quieter, or I’m just immune to it. My personal opinion, it’s nowhere near as loud as it was made out to be. I’m starting to think 90% of these guys would think a Tesla is too loud.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
2 months and about 1000 or so miles. Seems like it’s getting quieter, or I’m just immune to it. My personal opinion, it’s nowhere near as loud as it was made out to be. I’m starting to think 90% of these guys would think a Tesla is too loud.

Nooooo say it ain't soooo! LOL I want it to be loud. At least it'll be better than the stock setup.

popcenator

Reaction score
I need to get my S-Type, I'm starting to get used to this quiet ride and it scares me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Backinblk

Reaction score
Thanks. I don’t want obnoxious and some make it sound that way. I think it’s sounds great but I also love the sound of a 60’s big block

Salt

Reaction score
I was finally able to get a decent cold start video. It was -9 here this morning. Exhaust has around 1000 miles on it so far, absolutely love it.
Sweet! How do you like the overall sound going thru gears with the e-torque?

Shmannion13

Reaction score
Love the Atak think it might be to loud for my neighbors and 4 small children. Any one know if adding a borla resonator to the Atak will still be more aggressive then the s-type or is is practically the same after neutering it ?

Users who are viewing this thread