5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bora wheel Spacers...

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just scored a set of 1.5’s.. 2 of them have a very small tiny damage to the rim that would sit against the brake.. looks like they were dropped and they have small dent (smashed).
Question is ok to use or no?.. will try to get a decent pic later and post it. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just scored a set of 1.5’s.. 2 of them have a very small tiny damage to the rim that would sit against the brake.. looks like they were dropped and they have small dent (smashed).
Question is ok to use or no?.. will try to get a decent pic later and post it. Thank you.

Even if you bought them used I would call bora and see what they say. I would mostly be worried about them not sitting flush against the rotor or being out of balance and causing vibration.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9535226896f0ab54211d8c15d3994667.jpg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man that's sucks....at a minimum the edges will need shaved down for a flush fit against the rotor but I would still be concerned about out of balance vibration, they are machined to the mm for perfect balancing . I would still reach out to bora for their opinion.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man that's sucks....at a minimum the edges will need shaved down for a flush fit against the rotor but I would still be concerned about out of balance vibration, they are machined to the mm for perfect balancing . I would still reach out to bora for their opinion.

They got back to me about the pictures.. He said they have to sit flush or run the risk of vibration and lugs loosening. Any idea what to use to shave these lips down?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They got back to me about the pictures.. He said they have to sit flush or run the risk of vibration and lugs loosening. Any idea what to use to shave these lips down?

A fine resin fiber disc (rfd) for aluminum would work. Keep them lubricated with wd-40 to reduce friction while grinding.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A fine resin fiber disc (rfd) for aluminum would work. Keep them lubricated with wd-40 to reduce friction while grinding.

Hey Dude!
Can you post a link to what I should use?.. Dont want to screw this up any more than they are
Thanks!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread