5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boost Auto Wireless Charging pad questions?

RDHose

Reaction score
Anyone have this installed? Was really curious if you can close the sliding console without it hitting ones phone. Also was curious how wide of a phone it would fit. Looks really nice and easy to install, as an affordable option to installing the factory ramcharger.

RDHose

Reaction score

RDHose

Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and picked one up. So I have the limited trim level sliding console tray installed on my bighorn (swapped it out myself). I cannot move the tray all the way forward with the charging pad I installed. It hits the bottom of the sliding tray bin. Now the standard tray "might fit". It's really hard to say.

I decided to measure and drill two holes in the console so the console tray will lock in place just before it hits the charger. About 1/2 the way between the closed and middle position. So it works like a champ.

Also being I have used that little holder for almost 3 years it is a bit warm in ang the charging pad does sit a little loose (it wants to stand upright with my phone on it). I addressed that with a small clear 3M command strip hook. I flipped the hook upside down so it hooks on the top lip of the back of the original phone rest and stuck it to the back of the charger pad. Can't see it at all and completely secures the unit. So it works great!

I'll get some pictures tomorrow to post in case anyone has interest.

RDHose

Reaction score
Here are some of the pics in case anyone cares.

Attachments

• PXL_20230822_180236224.jpg
    PXL_20230822_180236224.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 1000000365.jpg
    1000000365.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 1000000367.jpg
    1000000367.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread