5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolt name help!

nelly34

Reaction score
Hello, my Ram 1500 LongHorn needs a replacement bolt that looks like this but I am not sure what it's called or how to find one. I went to autozone and they weren't sure what it was I would appreciate some help.

Attachments

• IMG_9682.jpg
    IMG_9682.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 38

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Resembles the tow hook bolt but I know it isn't.
Need more info. More pics of head and that "washer".
Where did it come out of?
I'm sure it will end up dealer only.

Last edited:

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Hello, my Ram 1500 LongHorn needs a replacement bolt that looks like this but I am not sure what it's called or how to find one.

That statement tells me even if you could find one, you don't know were it goes.
-HOWEVER-
Looks like a bolt that goes up through a body mount/isolator to hold the cab to the frame.
Get under the beast and check for missing cab mounting bolts. Should be easy to check: they're typically outboard the frame.

Steve

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not a single bolt. It’s a bolt inserted through some kind of washer/spacer-looking thingie. Are you trying to find a replacement bolt, or the washer/spacer thingie, or both?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree it looks like a body bolt of some sort. I had to remove one when I installed me nerf bars. My bars mounted to the factory studs as well as the body bolt. It's been 3 years but mine did not have that thingamajiggy.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anchor Bolt, but for what?

Posted in interior, but no details what it holds?

Dash?

Seat anchor?

If we knew, could probably find it in the Mopar parts catalog/online supplier.

Gotta throw us a bone here...

Users who are viewing this thread