5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body mount TSB performed, creaking/squeaking/clunking gone??

illucid

Reaction score
When I first bought my truck last summer it had the clunk when turning issue from the day I drove it off the lot. The clunk stopped and turned into a creaking noise that sounded like it was underneath the back drivers side seat. It's been doing that ever since. Thanks to this forum, I figured out that the creak and the clunk are probably related and found the body mount TSB. My dealer didnt even question it without even hearing any clunk, only the creaking/squeaking sound. FCA is very aware of this problem it would seem. Picked it up today and fingers crossed, noise is gone so far! Dont know for sure about the clunk because for all I know it might have only clunked when it was warm in the summer. Will have to keep an eye on that. Also, for people who've been asking about the C pillar body mounts in the earlier production models and the iihs crash test, I'm pretty sure if it was a problem that they would be fixing or upgrading those body mounts at the same time they do the A pillar mounts while the cab is lifted. Anyways so far so good, hope this helps some other people with these noises/clunks. PFA

EDIT: FML creaking noise is back when the truck is cold. Seems to go away when it warms up. So basically nothing has changed. AARRGH! Sorry for the misinformation. I'm at a loss now. But for some reason I still love the **** out of this truck lol
20181230_134551.jpg

Last edited:

1Cord

Reaction score
When I first bought my truck last summer it had the clunk when turning issue from the day I drove it off the lot. The clunk stopped and turned into a creaking noise that sounded like it was underneath the back drivers side seat. It's been doing that ever since. Thanks to this forum, I figured out that the creak and the clunk are probably related and found the body mount TSB. My dealer didnt even question it without even hearing any clunk, only the creaking/squeaking sound. FCA is very aware of this problem it would seem. Picked it up today and fingers crossed, noise is gone so far! Dont know for sure about the clunk because for all I know it might have only clunked when it was warm in the summer. Will have to keep an eye on that. Also, for people who've been asking about the C pillar body mounts in the earlier production models and the iihs crash test, I'm pretty sure if it was a problem that they would be fixing or upgrading those body mounts at the same time they do the A pillar mounts while the cab is lifted. Anyways so far so good, hope this helps some other people with these noises/clunks. PFA

EDIT: FML creaking noise is back when the truck is cold. Seems to go away when it warms up. So basically nothing has changed. AARRGH! Sorry for the misinformation. I'm at a loss now. But for some reason I still love the **** out of this truck lol
View attachment 14492

View attachment 14492
Did you ever figure out the problem? I’ve had the same issue since September.

KRField

Reaction score
Mines going back to the dealer Monday after performing the TSB last week. I have video of the creek. It does seem to be worse in the cold temps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KRField

Reaction score
At the dealer waiting on diagnostics on the issue. I took the tech for a drive and showed him the sounds. Let you know what they say. My luck it will be “Everything is within spec” lol

***UPDATE***

They went through and retorqued all isolator bolts and suspension components. It 50 and sunny here now. So we will see when the ten drops if it’s fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aldrichf

Reaction score
Not sure if is even close to your issues but I had a sway bar end link fail at 1400 miles. Dealer fixed it and I’ve been good since.

illucid

Reaction score

aldrichf

Reaction score
Did it make a creaking noise on right turns and over bumps?
Yes, creaking and clunking. It's the thin vertical grey rod coming up from the tubular black sway bar terminating at the center of the inside wheel. Mine was the right rear.

hellwig.jpg

illucid

Reaction score
Yes, creaking and clunking. It's the thin vertical grey rod coming up from the tubular black sway bar terminating at the center of the inside wheel. Mine was the right rear.

View attachment 17141
Well turns out my creaking was the wiring rubbing on the body pan that was mentioned as a fix in the other thread. But I will check all my sway bar links as well thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online