5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body colored bumper paint difference

Logar95

Reaction score
recently bought a new 22 laramie in ivory tri coat with the body colored bumper but the paint seems to be a little different between the metal and plastic panels. Im just wondering if everyones is like that or its a defect on mine?

xspeedy

Reaction score
Photo? I have a 20 and don't notice any but it is quite normal for a slight variance from metal to plastic.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
super common for bumpers and trim pieces that are plastic, not to exactly match the rest of a vehicle. Especially common when you are talking 3 stage colors,(Pearl type). When I was an appraiser working in the field for the ins companies, we would automatically write a line in the appraisals stating " bumper color does not match vehicle body". That way shops wouldn't try to get us to pay to blend the bumpers if they were repairing a metal panel adjacent to the bumper. Some vehicles did match here and there, so we would make exceptions on a case by case...but MANY did not.

Logar95

Reaction score
Photo? I have a 20 and don't notice any but it is quite normal for a slight variance from metal to plastic
Ill take some good ones in the day light very slight difference, you can only tell in some angles. I was just trying to see if anybody else noticed it… took me 3 days

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've noticed that this has come up with white trucks in the past. I didn't read closely since it's not my color.

Do a search and see what comes up. I am certain there is some info floating about.

Users who are viewing this thread