5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BMW to start charging yearly for CarPlay

BlckDT

Reaction score
Wow that is nuts. Its just an interface extension from phone to screen? At least put it in the cost of the radio to hide it.

$80/Year or $300 for lifetime

Tundralag

Reaction score
BMW.. Winning hearts and minds..

Not to mention the cars value drops like a freaking anchor... Hard to believe I bought my wife a brand new 5 series fully loaded AWD in Europe where I get a way better deal.. 5 years.. the car had dropped 40k in value my 2010 Tacoma with 120k miles had a better NADA value..
The Ultimate Driving Machine should be the Ultimate Money Pit.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember looking at a basic 325 sedan years ago. Base price on the beamer wasn't bad. But the price was gutted of options that other manufacturers at the time deemed as standard equipment. Add in power windows, mirror dimming and other basic options the price spiked so much that it left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I happily walked away. I think Benz also used to attach to that philosophy and I am sure it continues to this day.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
BMW.. Winning hearts and minds..

Not to mention the cars value drops like a freaking anchor... Hard to believe I bought my wife a brand new 5 series fully loaded AWD in Europe where I get a way better deal.. 5 years.. the car had dropped 40k in value my 2010 Tacoma with 120k miles had a better NADA value..
The Ultimate Driving Machine should be the Ultimate Money Pit.
Break My Wallet!

Hunts99

Reaction score
From my understanding, its not a Apple or a BMW money grab. It is for programmatic changes to allow the wireless Car Play to be updated as changes are being made. It sucks for those that have a BMW as it is an additional cost, but it seems like the money is going to the fact that the wireless applications work.

Users who are viewing this thread