5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blurry drivers mirror

HotStuff

Reaction score
I noticed that my driver's door mirror looks like it has a film of some sort on it. I don't notice it much during the day, but at night it makes headlights look kind of blurry. The passenger side doesn't have this. I've kind of picked at it a little too see if it's just a protective film for shipping or something, but it doesn't seem to be. I just don't understand why they would've went to this when the heated mirrors of years past never had this.
I have the power folding/heated, non towing mirrors.

Has anyone else noticed this?

JKoz

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the autodimming feature. I also have a bighorn level 2 and it does this. The build sheet shows a autodimming drivers side mirror but not on the passenger side. My wife’s Grand Cherokee Limited has this same issue.

HotStuff

Reaction score
Ya I figured it was the auto dim, but you'd think they'd be able to do better than that. The rear view mirror inside doesn't look that way?

Neokane

Reaction score
I have noticed this too, It appears like it is a parallax in the mirror, but I too agree that it is from the auto dimmer function.

Dbz77

Reaction score
I noticed that my driver's door mirror looks like it has a film of some sort on it. I don't notice it much during the day, but at night it makes headlights look kind of blurry. The passenger side doesn't have this. I've kind of picked at it a little too see if it's just a protective film for shipping or something, but it doesn't seem to be. I just don't understand why they would've went to this when the heated mirrors of years past never had this.
I have the power folding/heated, non towing mirrors.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I've noticed it even had them replace it but the new is just as bad, my 2016 ram had the auto dimming and it wasn't like this one.

DHawk

Reaction score
Yep, blurry. I thought I was going to be able to peel off some plastic coating left over from packing or something but nothing there. It's built in. Anyone had it resolved or is it just the way it is?

Bigblue679

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM Rebel and the mirror looks blurry. Sort of gives me a headache like looking through somebody else's glasses.

Shine006

Reaction score
I thought my mirror was blurry and it turned out to be my window. Opened the door and stepped back a few feet and everything is wavy looking. Appointment at dealership next week.

Users who are viewing this thread