5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Music - What's that first line of information supposed to be?

rickshein

Reaction score
Ram 1500 2021 w/12" screen.
When playing music from my phone via Bluetooth, the screen displays the album art, and 4 lines of info for the song.
The first line ALWAYS say "Unknown".
What is that trying to tell me?

Attachments

• IMG20240125092541.jpg
    IMG20240125092541.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 19

rickshein

Reaction score
I don't think that's it. The genre tag for that song is "British Invasion Rock".

Squatch79

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the genre. Uconnect system probably just doesn't know how to classify your song. Here's a pic from mine this morning. Some songs in my playlist have "Unknown" listed as the genre too. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Genre
  • Song Title
  • Artist
  • Album

Attachments

• Uconnect.jpg
    Uconnect.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7

rickshein

Reaction score
This is a great clue.
I don't think it's genre either because there is a "Genre" tag in the MP3 files that it would pickup and not have to guess at. Also, most of my files have Genre populated and it's not showing up.
But clearly in your snapshot, uConnect is picking up something, so I think what I'm going to do is take a test song and put some values in each and every MP3 tag and see if one of the them show up.

Users who are viewing this thread