5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Delay.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I thought this Bluetooth delay was just a Uconnect flaw, but...

My Lemon Longhorn is once again in it's home away from home - the shop.

The dealer got me an Enterprise rental while they are repairing numerous factory defects. The rental is a Jeep Cherokee Limited.

The Bluetooth in the Cherokee has zero delay. Whether raising volume it switching tracks, it happens instantly.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a different phone. Note 10 vs note 9. No difference. Still has a delay.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I just got a different phone. Note 10 vs note 9. No difference. Still has a delay.
I believe that. It's not the device. It's the Uconnect Bluetooth system.

I'm still driving the 2020 Jeep Cherokee while my Longhorn is in the shop.

Everything happens instantly on the 8.4" Uconnect system in the Cherokee.

There is some sort of slow processing or software bug in these Rams.

I would still like to hear from owners of the 2019 Ram 1500 trucks with the 8.4" system. Do those have the delay as well or is it just the 12"?

thedirtychemist

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie with the 12" Uconnect system. The truck was built Oct 27, 2019.

I've had the same problem with bluetooth delay. I'm using a samsung s10+.

I have decided to play around in the developer options of my phone and I may have found a solution.

It seems to be a codec issue with the samsung phones.

For samsung phones...
Do this to access developer options...
Navigate: Settings > Developer options. If not available, swipe up or down from the center of the display then navigate: Settings > About phone > Software information then tap Build number seven times

See screen shot for the settings that I use.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191212-131528_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20191212-131528_Settings.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 363

Samwayfd

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie with the 12" Uconnect system. The truck was built Oct 27, 2019.

I've had the same problem with bluetooth delay. I'm using a samsung s10+.

I have decided to play around in the developer options of my phone and I may have found a solution.

It seems to be a codec issue with the samsung phones.

For samsung phones...
Do this to access developer options...
Navigate: Settings > Developer options. If not available, swipe up or down from the center of the display then navigate: Settings > About phone > Software information then tap Build number seven times

See screen shot for the settings that I use.

Good luck!
Thanks for this! I can attest that this fixed the lag on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+! 2020 Longhorn with 12" UC.

austeni

Reaction score
Did we ever find out what's going on here?

1-2 second delay in bluetooth

iPhone 10 with 2020 12 inch in Ram 2500.

Traxter81

Reaction score
This bluetooth settings worked! Setting the codec to SBC took out all the delay. You are the man!! Thanks!

usaf21stsf

Reaction score
Does anybody have a Bluetooth system in their 2019 Ram 1500 that does not have the delay?

If so is it a 12" or 8.4" screen? Just curious...
My Lemon 8.4" 19 Big Horn does not have a delay. My new 20 Limited with the 12" screen does have the delay.

BrainLinq

Reaction score
Similar issue... I was waiting for a client to show up for a meeting and had 30 min to kill. I started watching a video on my phone (through Amazon Prime video streaming) and decided to route the audio through the BT and see how it sounded. The audio sounded fine but it was no longer in sync with the video. It was totally unwatchable. Not sure if it is the same with all audio/video in the truck using BT.

I have a 2020 Rebel with 12" uconnect. Playing with iPhone XS.

FL Laramie

Reaction score
Well shoot. Tried the settings in the post but still have the lag. Glad it worked for some.

DrZombiecakes

Reaction score
I have a 19 Laramie with 12" display. I never had any audio lag with my s6, but do with the new s20 I purchased a couple of months back. It has driven me crazy when I try to watch anything while parked waiting on the wife or kids. I will try these settings after work. Thanks!

Tabor031

Reaction score
I believe that. It's not the device. It's the Uconnect Bluetooth system.

I'm still driving the 2020 Jeep Cherokee while my Longhorn is in the shop.

Everything happens instantly on the 8.4" Uconnect system in the Cherokee.

There is some sort of slow processing or software bug in these Rams.

I would still like to hear from owners of the 2019 Ram 1500 trucks with the 8.4" system. Do those have the delay as well or is it just the 12"?
I have just purchased mine from Ford dealer trade in...it has the 8.4" I am having the same issues with the delay. Worst is having it doing the audio via Bluetooth and playing an youtube video... audio is almost 2 whole seconds behind.

DrZombiecakes

Reaction score
Update: tried the above setting recommendations. Lag mush improved but still barely noticeable. Perhaps if it wasn't such scrutiny it wouldn't be as observable.

Originally the default Audio Codec selection was SBC and I did not have to change it at all. It is very annoying that the Audio Codec selection always changes to a new default of AAC and I have to manually change it to SBC each time I use it.

If anyone knows of a work around, it would be appreciated.

BigEvilTex

Reaction score
ok, you have to be connected to the device. My phone once connected to my truck radio had some different settings than "default". From there I was able to change settings and they stuck. when you disconnect your device they go back to default. not sure if you connect to a different device if the settings are universal or actually remember each device and its settings.
when i first connected my codec was not set to sbc, it changed to something else. but was able to change it. not sure if that's what made it better. I'm sure with some tweaks maybe it would get better.
12" uconnect
samsung s9
when I refer to settings I am referring to the phone settings not the radio/truck.

the sound delay lag correction was absolutely noticeable but not perfect.

Kewlkarz911

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Bighorn 1500, I've never had an issue with bluetooth delay until today. My Uconnect updated today and now I have a 3 second delay which is the most annoying thing ever. I thought this was something Ram did better than everyone else, because everyone else's vehicle had delays. I guess not... Ram better not be slipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/