5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Delay.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Why is there a delay in real time when bluetooth streaming.

I find it very annoying that when I hit a skip button, there is a 1 to 2 second delay before anything happens before the next song streaming from my phone starts playing. Same with pressing the mute button on the dash beside the 12" Uconnect screen. A 1 to 2 second delay before streaming mutes. Same with raising and lowering volume.

Also, if I receive a phone call, my phone itself starts ringing, then a second or two later it rings through the bluetooth audio system. Same with notifications. The phone ringer alerts me, then the bluetooth audio alerts ne.

In my 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, the phone and bluetooth audio are in perfect sync. No delay whatsoever.

What gives? Processing delay?

MattF

Reaction score
Just to note - I don't have any issues with BT delays.... 8" Uconnect

Matt

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Natt.

Hmmm, I am now wondering if my system is screwed up. No matter what phone I pair, I get a delay.

Check the version of software you have for your Uconnect...you can see it in dealer mode. There is a TSB that will update the software if its not at least 20.16 and you have issues. I'm not saying this will fix it, however it might help.

1549637715506.png

1549637770370.png

For example, this is mine...and my truck will be going in for service on Monday

1549637658045.png

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Check the version of software you have for your Uconnect...you can see it in dealer mode. There is a TSB that will update the software if its not at least 20.16 and you have issues. I'm not saying this will fix it, however it might help.

View attachment 15655

View attachment 15657

For example, this is mine...and my truck will be going in for service on Monday

View attachment 15654
Thanks again Matt. I'll have to google how to get into dealer mode. I don't remember the steps.

My truck was built in late September though...

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have that delay as well. What phone are you using?

Samsung Galaxy note 9 on my end.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've got an iPhone 7 that has the same delay with the 12.0

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok well we know then it's not a phone issue. Hopefully it gets remedied.

#ramcares. See posts above.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Ok well we know then it's not a phone issue. Hopefully it gets remedied.

#ramcares. See posts above.
Its really annoying. I was going to try my Nexus 6 and LG V20, but since "I Love Girls" has an iPhone 7 that does it, we know it is a system issue. Some owners do not have the problem though. I wonder what the difference is.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be Bluetooth radio compatibility. But my guess is more than likely it's software. It is annoying...2-3 second delay with any commands and audio.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Could be Bluetooth radio compatibility. But my guess is more than likely it's software. It is annoying...2-3 second delay with any commands and audio.
I agree. Totally annoying and I also believe it's software related. Geez, does anybody test this stuff before they release it? It appears that consumers are the new beta testers..., or is that alpha testers?

Last edited:

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I agree. Totally annoying and I also believe it's software related. Geez, does anybody test this stuff before they release it? It appears that consumers are the new beta testers..., or is that alpha testers?

Consumers have always been beta or alpha testers for every software company

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as they fix it, I don't care so much. It's all way better than my old Ford sync that I could barely hear the person in the other side spring a call. The lag is annoying for sure, but seems fixable.

Punderwo

Reaction score
Was this ever resolved? Very annoying. Pixel 3 and 12.0 here.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No mine has the latest update but still does it. When plugged in and on Android auto there is no lag however.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
One of these days it's going to cause me to accidentally blow out the speakers.

Many times I raise the volume on my Note 9 forgetting that the UConnect has that stupid delay on Bluetooth. All of a sudden a few seconds later, I'm scrambling to turn the UConnect volume down before the voice coils are fried!

Wish they'd take the issue seriously and update the code.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with audio delay through playing any videos, YouTube, Netflix, etc with my iPhone and even my iPad.
There’s a 1-2 second delay when going through Bluetooth or even USB to my 8.4 Uconnect.
Mine is a little worse though. I’ll hit next on my iPhone and a new song will start playing 3 seconds later, but on the Uconnect screen it will have on display the previous song still for like 30 seconds sometimes.
It is a Chrysler product, so probably “Working As Designed” is what you’ll hear when you ask anyone working in the service department and they can’t figure it out. Unfortunately that’s more common than it should be....

Users who are viewing this thread