5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth and Sirius Playing Simultaneously! Electrical or Software Gremlins

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Really enjoying my new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

I bought for the Comfort,not the Technology. Unfortunately you can’t get one without the other.

The issue.

UCONNECT 12.1 System

Lately my Truck seems to be Haunted, and it’s not even October or Halloween .

I use an iPhone 7Plus and listen through Bluetooth to songs on the phone, via UCONNECT radio.

But a couple times lately, my phone is connected via BT and playing a song and SUDDENLY another song starts playing simultaneously!

Turns out it’s SIRIUS.

Not sure what station but it plays Sirius along with whatever song I am playing through Bluetooth, both at same time!

I turn radio off, completely OFF and the SIRIUS still is PLAYING and IMPOSSIBLE to Turn OFF!

When I use my phone to record what’s happening, the UCONNECT radio says Music Paused! But it’s only Pausing my phones Bluetooth. Sirius is still PLAYING!

Damn Gremlins !

nmajor18

Reaction score
I have been waiting on the Q3 over the air update to solve the lack of maintaining the SXM presets since March. However, while my truck was getting an oil change last week the dealership performed a "radio software update" and now I have the same gremlin. It is happening when I leave my iPhone tethered to the usb port and restart the truck, especially when I was playing Pandora (through my phone) when I powered down the truck. Once I restart the truck then it starts playing SXM at the same time. The update also has sent my SXM to other channels that I was not listening to when I turned the truck off and my display screen will show the Preview channel while it is playing a different channel (which is completely opposite of what I was dealing with before the update). Are the new trucks being delivered with this issue? #frustratedbeyondbelief

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Mine had a variatition of this yesterday. I loaded a station in Iheart Radio in Carplay, and it simultaneously played a sports station in XM. Paulse the Iheart radio, all sound stops, but it comes back as soon as you hit play. Switch to FM and it is still doing the same thing. Futzed with it for a while, and it finally stopped. It's done this a couple of times.

Fidomac

Reaction score
Really enjoying my new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

I bought for the Comfort,not the Technology. Unfortunately you can’t get one without the other.

The issue.

UCONNECT 12.1 System

Lately my Truck seems to be Haunted, and it’s not even October or Halloween .

I use an iPhone 7Plus and listen through Bluetooth to songs on the phone, via UCONNECT radio.

But a couple times lately, my phone is connected via BT and playing a song and SUDDENLY another song starts playing simultaneously!

Turns out it’s SIRIUS.

Not sure what station but it plays Sirius along with whatever song I am playing through Bluetooth, both at same time!

I turn radio off, completely OFF and the SIRIUS still is PLAYING and IMPOSSIBLE to Turn OFF!

When I use my phone to record what’s happening, the UCONNECT radio says Music Paused! But it’s only Pausing my phones Bluetooth. Sirius is still PLAYING!

Damn Gremlins !
I am having the exact same problem it's playing Sirius channel 156 when I attempt to listen to music through my phone

popcenator

Reaction score
Same issue, it doesn't do it on the first drive of the day, but after dropping my kids off at daycare. When the truck connects to the Bluetooth audio, it also plays a Sirius station.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shortdustoff

Reaction score
I get simultaneous play as well about once every couple weeks. This is with and android connected using Android Auto I can get it to go away simply by turning the radio power off then back on. I also sometimes get sound only out of the right speakers (with no notification ongoing from device or vehicle). I have a limited as well.

LogJammin

Reaction score
I've had the same issue for about a month now. Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay will sometimes activate Sirius at the same time. Super annoying. I've found that if you switch to Sirius and then back to bluetooth or CarPlay, it resolves itself...until the next time I restart my vehicle! I hope someone from RAM is reading this and comes up with a remedy soon.

ff.hogue

Reaction score
Same exact issue, and even when the entire unit is powered off (truck still running) the Sirius voice is still playing over the radio. I got it on video last night so I’m hoping the dealer can watch the video since it’s an intermittent problem. It definitely seems to happen most often when I am listening to Spotify through my iPhone with it connect by USB-C, shut the truck off and leave the phone connected, then get back in the truck and restart it. It will not correct itself until the truck is shut off all together and only plays when on the Bluetooth or line in inputs

epritchard

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem it's playing Sirius channel 156 when I attempt to listen to music through my phone
I was having the same issue. I talked to UConnect and they suggested taking it to my dealership. I took their advice and took my truck to the dealer and after a week of testing different things, they replaced the wifi/bluetooth antenna and that seem to have fixed the problem

johnyb777

Reaction score
Same issue here... only occasionally and typically only after dropping the kids at school, not unplugging my iphone, and restarting my truck. Like others have said, normally switching to Sirius and back to CarPlay will resolve the issue. I was glad to find this post today and realize I am not alone or losing my mind.

imus

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn built in July 2019 and it has this same issue...any permanent fixes anyone has heard of ?

Users who are viewing this thread