5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue Tooth/ Speaker/ Software Fail?

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Has anybody else had this issue?

I walked out of work talking to my boss on my cell and it transferred to the truck just like it should when I selected the 'connect bluetooth' on the screen after startup and I finished the conversation. NP right? Selected another number to call from the phone screen and I got a very loud rising 'BLEEP' followed a static-y incomprehensible conversation in which the other party could hear me fine, and I knew I was talking to them, but I couldn't understand a thing. Almost sounded like a really bad computer game conversation from the 80's.

I tried several times with hanging up and recalling, even with different #'s on the other end but no dice. Then I turned on my stereo and had what I could swear was a blow set of speakers (talk about pissed!) The music was there, but the highs and mids from the dashboard speakers were muted with a lot of static. FM and Sirius both. Turned off the phone bluetooth and it persisted.

I pulled over and disconnected the phone (deleted the phone from Uconnect) and it still persisted. Found a parking lot and turned off the truck and took the keys and walked away for a few minutes... (it had been a long day at this point in time) and it still persisted. Turned off the stereo altogether, put on my bluetooth headset and used it to listen to my audio book on the way home. Told the wife and planned to head to the dealership the next day.

Next morning, turned on the FM radio just to check... everything seems to work fine. No static, but still haven't reconnected the phone to the truck, just to busy. Will try it on Saturday morning. MAYBE there is a very slight decrease in quality, but I'm not an audiophile. Could also be my suspicious brain.

Users who are viewing this thread