5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue Streak versus Patriot Blue

A

Avalnch

Hi (future) Ram owners.

I'm about to order a new 2019 Ram 1500 crew cab and am having a hard time deciding on which blue to get. There are no dealers around me who have a Patriot Blue in stock and the build n' price sites are terrible for displaying colours. Can you blue 2019 Ram 1500 owners help me out by posting photos of your rigs? Both in full daylight and in lower lighting conditions (like overcast or dusk).

Also, is the Blue Streak the same blue as the previous Classic Ram's bright blue? My buddy has one of these and that blue is really bright.

One more thing, is it worth optioning a Laramie to the gills? Since Blue Streak is not available on a Limited, it's the only way to get this colour.

Thanks!

JeffK2019

Reaction score
The Patriot Blue is certainly darker/deeper imo. Here are a few pictures of mine I just picked up this past week - this is overcast skies. In full sun it brightens up and the sparkle of the paint really comes through. If I get some sun today will try to grab a few pictures. These are just with my phone so nothing fancy.

Attachments

• Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_B.jpg
    Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_B.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 265
  • Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_C.jpg
    Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_C.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_D.jpg
    Jeff_RAM_Truck_041119_D.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 254

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Here is a photo of Patriot Blue in the sun. It is a really nice color, it has a little flake in the paint that sparkles in the sun. I do also love the brightness of the Blue Streak. Both are excellent colors, the brightness of the Blue Streak stands out a bit amongst the crowd, a bit more "look at me" type of color. Patriot Blue is a little more "mature" perhaps. I really like them both, you cant go wrong, just depends how bright of a car you like. Ultimately I went with Patriot Blue and did not see one on the lot before I purchased, I am very happy with the choice. 22309

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That Patriot Blue is a nice color! I would definitely get it over the Blue Streak for sure. Also it looks phenomenal with the chrome accents!

TVANVA

Reaction score
Here you go.

My pictured 2001 Dakota Quad is the older blue called Intense Blue. It is much brighter than 2019 Blue Streak.

My opinion is that Blue Streak is more dependent on the amount of light striking it. On very cloudy days or evenings, it becomes a very deep blue, but not Navy Blue, like Patriot Blue. Also, as your truck gets dirty (like Spring pollen season) the blue gets deeper as less light is getting down to the base color.

The pics on the Ram site of course all all shot in perfect lighting, so the blue always appears bright and you might think it is the old Intense Blue, but it is not.

IMG_1283_no_license_plate.jpg IMG_1286_no_license_plate.jpg IMG_1293_no_license_plate.jpg IMG_1310_no_license_no.jpg

First two shots are early evening light, second is partly cloudy day, last is full sun on a cloudless day.

Last edited:
A

Avalnch

Thanks for the pics! I really do like the way the Patriot Blue's colour varies under different lighting conditions. The Max Steel is my 3rd choice cause of the high metallic content.

BlueStreak78

Reaction score
Blue Streak Pearl.
5733ce1a100e64c7eaf0bdf08caeb626.jpg
2822a39eb27efeff6e56abe74fb7dc8a.jpg
26ccf026e1289c396c74a62603b1b9dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Danielle where did you get the bra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The seller is called “carcoverkingdom” on eBay. He was the first I found in stock at the time I was looking. Separate listings for the one with or without factory fender flares.

alangsam

Reaction score
The seller is called “carcoverkingdom” on eBay. He was the first I found in stock at the time I was looking. Separate listings for the one with or without factory fender flares.

How come no Bediner?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How come no Bediner?

It’s on the to-do list! Still need to do the bed liner, front clear paint protection, and install the wheelhouse liners. (Already have the parts.) I’ve just been too busy with work to get it all done!

alangsam

Reaction score
It’s on the to-do list! Still need to do the bed liner, front clear paint protection, and install the wheelhouse liners. (Already have the parts.) I’ve just been too busy with work to get it all done!

I can understand that. I had a bra on a car a long time ago. It actually worked well but the place where it attached runbed on the paint.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can understand that. I had a bra on a car a long time ago. It actually worked well but the place where it attached runbed on the paint.

I never had any issues with them, except one instance where I didn’t take it off after getting rained on, and it caused moisture to collect under the clear coat. Few seconds with a heat gun fixed it, and I was more careful from then on.

alangsam

Reaction score
I never had any issues with them, except one instance where I didn’t take it off after getting rained on, and it caused moisture to collect under the clear coat. Few seconds with a heat gun fixed it, and I was more careful from then on.
Heat guns are awesome but there is a fine line which I have discovered l...:::)

Users who are viewing this thread