5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue screen

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
Anyone out there put their truck in reverse and instead of a backup camera get a black screen and then turns to blue screen?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that’s a new one! (Sorry, no, I’ve not seen the Microsoft version of a crash...)

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
Well, that’s a new one! (Sorry, no, I’ve not seen the Microsoft version of a crash...)
Lol well that’s ok I parked it and later came back to go eat the camera turned on no problems

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone out there put their truck in reverse and instead of a backup camera get a black screen and then turns to blue screen?

I get the blank screen after using the camera when I go back into drive. Dealer told me nothing they can do, per a Star Case there's a software update due out sometime late 4th quarter.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
I get the blank screen after using the camera when I go back into drive. Dealer told me nothing they can do, per a Star Case there's a software update due out sometime late 4th quarter.
Same here, have not gotten the blue but have gotten the black screen. Takes a few minutes then restarts or at least tries to till it can fully boot. Good to know there is talk of an update

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bigdaddymac

Reaction score

Here is 7 pages of experiences. There is one showing the TSB from January. Mine started as blue a couple months back then worked fine. Now it’s black for 2 days...

Tones1975

Reaction score
Yep, I just picked up my 2019 rebel today and I got the blue screen when backing up out of my driveway. Also the stereo cuts in and out when the backup cam is acting up. Just drove for 15 min with the stereo cutting in and out; prob be taking my 4hr old truck in for service. WTF?

Tones1975

Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up my new rebel and drove home with no issues. Got in it about 2 hours later and put it into reverse and got the blue screen as well as the stereo cutting in and out. Shut it off down the street to see if I could reset everything by turning the truck off and back on; this time I got the blue screen followed by the black with stereo cutting in and out again. I really hope this is just a software issue with a fix coming soon as I traded in my 2018 ram sport for this truck and it had no issues in the 31k KM's I put on it.

Users who are viewing this thread