5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blower not blowing

Rickyt1965

Reaction score
Good day Fellas, first time posting....Great infomation on here, it's where I discovered there was actually a fix for the moaing brake issue...THANKS!!

Help...I searched the TSB and the forum with little luck...
2021 Big Horn, this morning jumped in and the defroster was blowing but barely any air was coming out.
I switched to vent, the air changed to the vents, but still very little air movement.
I tired turning the truck off and opening the door to "reset" it but to no avail.
I drove to work, and upon arrival, there was still no change in air valume, and of course the windshild was not defrosting worth a darn.
I've noticed in the past the odd time the fan is running high, then all of a suden it slows down on its own. But not regularily enought to ever get to a dealer in time.
Of course.

Ken R.

Reaction score
I have been having a similar problem with my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited for the past several years. I first noticed it in 2020 when I was driving during a hot day with the auto climate control on. It started getting very warm inside the cab so I switched it over to manual, set it to the vents and kicked the blower up to 7. There was barely any air coming out of the vents (you could hold a lit match in front of the vent and it wouldn't get blown out). What worked for me was turning off the "A/C" button for about 30 seconds and then turning it back on. The air started blowing strong out of the vents but it eventually stops blowing again in about 10-20 minutes and I have to repeat that cycle. There is definitely a blend door on the passenger side of the truck inside the dash that will close on it's own for whatever reason. When it happens, I can change the blower speed from 1 up to 7 and hear the blower motor increase and wind noise increase inside the dash on the passenger side but the air never makes it to any of the vents. It actually did it this morning during my drive to work (it was in the 30s) and I couldn't get air up to defrost the windshield while I was driving. This has been super annoying and I've tried to get it into the dealer to have it looked at but I haven't had the time. One dealer I spoke with seemed to be aware of this issues but that's all the info I have on it. If you get any resolution please post it in here because it's driving me crazy and of course I'm out of warranty. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread