5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blotchy headlight after "professional" tinted

kingkasc

Reaction score
Hey guys! Last year in the winter I had a company tint my headlights with film and they look blotchy and I thought it would go away couple days or in the spring and it didn't. I plan to remove the film and get them tinted somewhere else or do you guys think film is a bad idea. If you've smoked your headlights with success please post a photo or any info plzz. Thanks! I like how mine look with the low beams off but looks fugly with beams on :mad: 69151715750__4877E21B-3F0A-4FB2-8AE5-52FEECB567C8.fullsizerender.jpg IMG_7708.jpg IMG_7710.jpg IMG_7709.jpg

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys! Last year in the winter I had a company tint my headlights with film and they look blotchy and I thought it would go away couple days or in the spring and it didn't. I plan to remove the film and get them tinted somewhere else or do you guys think film is a bad idea. If you've smoked your headlights with success please post a photo or any info plzz. Thanks! I like how mine look with the low beams off but looks fugly with beams on :mad: View attachment 144965 View attachment 144966 View attachment 144967 View attachment 144968
I don't think you are going to be happy with any tint on the headlights.

The heat that is generated from the headlights is going to continue to make the tint blotchy the longer you have the tint on the headlights.

I would recommended that you take the tint off and go with a Blacked out the Headlight covers from a company like AVS.
Ram_Blacked_Headlights (1).jpg
Blacked_Front_Side.jpg
Fog Lights.jpg

I ran these on my truck until I upgraded my headlights to Alpharex Headlights.

I removed them from the vehicle if I was running the headlights.

The person that I sold them to left them on his truck when he had the headlights on and it melted the covers. 🔥

That is an example of how much heat is produced from a halogen bulb. :cool::unsure:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep its probably not the tint itself but the headlights inside/outside. The plastic they use is really fine and scratches show easily especially with the headlights output. Your best bet would be covers and remove them at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread