5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block Heater - Yes or No?

Skyflyer

Reaction score
I'm building a Laramie ecodiesel and was wondering if the block heater is needed. I will garage my truck at home so it won't be needed there but I might be hitting some cold areas when I pull my travel trailer in the Northern part of the States. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would definitely get the block heater with the diesel . You might not ever need it but if you ever do you’ll have it . Like my mother always says “ it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it “ .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not a money thing....I am trying to keep vehicle weight low for fuel efficiency and payload capacity. But if it's something that's necessary and will benefit the truck, of course I will include it.

I value the information that experienced RAM owners provide on this forum.
The entire block heater probably weighs less than a six-pack. I get the payload capacity issue, but the block heater is not going to change it much.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every Ecodiesel comes with a block heater. They are just charging you for the cord. Which you can get on Amazon for $12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sppb32

Reaction score
I would like to have a block heater on the Hemi

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would like to have a block heater on the Hemi

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
I was quoted $545.00 (parts / labor, no tax) by the dealership. Less than $100.00 for parts on the internet and $95.00 on the "build".

Users who are viewing this thread