5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block heater scratching truck?

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
So I know now that we're in summertime noone is using them, but I used my block heater this winter and hung the cord out the side of the good the way the techs at the dealership showed me, but it searched my paint up. Nothing too bad, was told it will buff out, but I'd like to prevent it from happening again. Does anyone have ideas on how to be able to leave the cord out, so I I don't have to open and close my hood twice a day all winter, but won't scratch my paint?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought one of these and installed it on the plastic in my front bumper on my diesel 2500 , way better than a dangling cord.

Attachments

• C8CD1D4C-3F59-4382-ABF0-5A9CB6F0429F.png
    C8CD1D4C-3F59-4382-ABF0-5A9CB6F0429F.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 56

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The NOCO one isn't long enough for the 1500's. I had the same idea when I bought mine is Dec 2018. It only comes with a 16 inch cord. Last year I used a block heater cord plugged into the factory one by the air box and routed it down and bungee corded it to the tow hook, this year I have made my own and it comes out through the lower grille by the licence plate. Will install it in the fall.

Kratz87

Reaction score
I bought one of these and installed it on the plastic in my front bumper on my diesel 2500 , way better than a dangling cord.

Could you post a picture of your install? I have the block heater and have been wondering.

Six_Swix

Reaction score

Can you share a pic?

Also, did you choose a side based on ease of routing or did it matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online