5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block heater relocate

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In preparation for my move to northern Ontario I relocated the block heater cord using a noco dual port plug. No longer have to open the hood each time I hook up the insanely short block heater cord, and there’s a second plug for an onboard charger.

Install location should work on all 5th gens, just pull back the wheel well liner before drilling the 2”hole.

Attachments

• D42C0BBD-C391-49AC-AECB-AF25A3E07288.jpeg
    D42C0BBD-C391-49AC-AECB-AF25A3E07288.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 51

jent

Reaction score
I did basically the same thing, but just have the plug hanging loose by the tow hook. It's not able to move too much, just enough to plug an extension cord into. Works great!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sasc - looks great man! I was thinking of the same thing. How was the install?
Easy, I did pull back the wheel well liner to make sure I didn’t drill into anything hidden. There is a perfect opening to run the wire up under the air box intake and hook up to the stock block heater cord.

I used the dual plug noco so I had a second space for an onboard charger, there will be extended times of -30 or colder where the truck isn’t started so I want to be prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread