5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blindspot Warning unavailable? Help!

EddyB

Reaction score
Hello,

Just installed the OPT7 tailgate light, with the Curt 55384 harness - and It could 100% be coincidence - but now the blinspot warning is saying unavailable.

Can anyone help with the location of the sensors to check? From my limited research I understand there is a radar sending module in each taillight housing, and pickups around the bumper. I didn't touch any of those sensors or wires with my install.

With the OPT7 I understand the module they offer isn't required when installed with the Curt Harness, so I can't imagine that's an issue.

Just looking for points of failure that I can investigate prior to bringing into service. Possibly related is my front camera also took damage recently and is shattered (still shows image though).

Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with what that is. Is the OPT7 tailgate light LED? LED's have been known to cause strange problems with other systems in these trucks. I'd try unplugging the light and see if the BSM starts working again.

EddyB

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with what that is. Is the OPT7 tailgate light LED? LED's have been known to cause strange problems with other systems in these trucks. I'd try unplugging the light and see if the BSM starts working again.
I've disconnected it, and it still is showing an error. Not sure if the error is just latent or what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online