5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot warning intermittent with trailer

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All,

My Drivers side Blind Spot warning works intermittently when I tow my 30' camper. Passengers side seems to work fine.

What the drivers side will do about 30% of the time is turn the warning indicator on in my mirror when a car approaches and then leave it on....sometimes for minutes and then it just turns off and sometimes another passing car toggles it off.

Another issue is that when it's working it doesn't turn on until the car is about halfway down the length of the trailer....is that normal operation??

I'm going in next week but I don't hold much hope for a resolution unless someone here knows of a TSB or Star Cast.

Thanks.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brought it to the dealer today and as expected since there was no code there was nothing they could do. They did find a flash for incorrect warnings or some thing like that and flashed it. I tow next week so we'll see if it helped but if not I'm going to call Ram and have them create a Star Case as well as post it on the NHTSB since when the warning gets stuck on the blind spot is inop.

Users who are viewing this thread