5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot Monitoring on 22 Models

wrs22

Reaction score
Hello all...just joined the group yesterday...so much good info on here and lots of helpful people, so thank you already....I'm working on building a 2022 1500....Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path Detection is a must have....from what I'm reading it looks like only a couple trim levels will have that option- maybe the Rebel and Limited...I was looking at a Laramie but it appears BSM/ RCPD is a no go for Laramies. For those who have recently ordered a 2022, what trim level did you get that had BSM and RCPD?

When did they make this change? If I was looking for a pre-owned 2020 or 2021 would those years have BSM and RCTA?

Thanks in advance!

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
My 2020 rebel has both. I don't have the advanced tech group or safety group or anything.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
I have a 2022 rebel on order.... No BSM or RCPD available with it. I will have to add it back on myself once it's delivered.

I've seen some 21 Limited EcoD's arrive with everything down here this month in SC.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Goldsy

Reaction score
The chip shortage is really affecting features like blind spot monitoring, etc. I find it odd that the blind spot monitoring is non existent on so many different trim levels of these trucks, considering companies like Nissan have it in everything, even the base models.

Bavet

Reaction score
I ordered my Big Horn on August 9 and got BSM and RCPD. Not sure if it changed since then but at that time dealers could not order it for vehicles on their lots but could order it for sold orders. My 2019 Big Horn has it and I really like it so it was a must have for me too.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it’s sucks that they dropped it off the Laramie. I thought my truck came with it but I was wrong.

Adding it isn’t too bad either. On my southwest package I added the mirrors, the taillights and ran four wires to the inside BCM and they worked instantly.

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Rebel on 9/14/21, and was able to order the XAN (BSM/RCPD). Still listed on my updated POC this week when I got my VIN.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Yeah it’s sucks that they dropped it off the Laramie. I thought my truck came with it but I was wrong.

Adding it isn’t too bad either. On my southwest package I added the mirrors, the taillights and ran four wires to the inside BCM and they worked instantly.
Did you post about it in another thread? , i plan on doing this to my southwest once i get it. BSM Is essential.

Boston

Reaction score
Looks like the TRX models are stealing all the BSM and Adaptive Cruise systems from us Laramie:BH potential buyers

SilverNight22

Reaction score
I was told the mirrors will not come with the indicator nor the wiring for it. I'd imagine it would take quite a bit of work and money to get BSM working on a 2022?

2022 Laramie Crew Cab, 5.7L w/ eTorque, 5' 7" Bed, Silver Billet, Night Edition, 26 Gal, BUG, Level B Equipment, Uconnect 5 w/ 8.4"
Order Placed 9/4/21
VIN171636

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spent about $800 to get my BSM added to my truck. That’s without the cost of turning on the feature using Taser or AlfaOBD as I haven’t done it yet. My truck has the warning chime activated from the dealer 😅the yellow indicator lights aren’t active so I’ll have to buy the one of those systems to turn everything on. It’s fairly easy to do the tail lights are the most expensive but I got a great deal for some used ones and sold my factory ones for 100 less then what I paid for the BSM tail lights.

Users who are viewing this thread