5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind spot monitor warning volume

DonC

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the blind spot monitor warning sound is adjustable? It is so loud when it goes off. I haven't found anything in the manual or on the forum. Thanks

Kidder

Reaction score
Did you navigate through the menu on your radio to see if you can?

George Bednar

Reaction score
There must be since mine only has the light and no alarm. I know with the phone volume is control by adjusting it while using it and then it stays at that level.

DonC

Reaction score
All I could find is on or off but no volume control.

DonC

Reaction score
I did try to adjust the volume while it was beeping but that did not work.

kurtdoten

Reaction score
Your options are either lights or lights and chime. There is no individual volume control. Although the radio mutes when the alert occurs, so I think the volume of the chime would be sufficient.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your options are either lights or lights and chime. There is no individual volume control. Although the radio mutes when the alert occurs, so I think the volume of the chime would be sufficient.
No volume control for it just lights and sound or lights only.

Mrjayd

Reaction score
So does it chime every time someone passes you?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try this... when it chimes, turn the volume knob down. A shot in the dark.

In my 2018 Durango with 4C Uconnect, when the navigation prompt is speaking, turning the volume knob adjusts the nav prompt volume. Wondering if the volume knob switches function like this to change the chime volume.

DonC

Reaction score
It chimes only when you signal a lane change while there's a vehicle in your blindspot
While the turn signal is on it will "chime" which is really a very loud beep. So while in a double turn lane it beeps, while turning left and the truck pass in front of a stopped vehicle in the cross traffic left turn lane it may beep. Sometimes when turning right passing a sign pole it beeps. Same thing when backing up, the cross traffic alarm (same loud beep) goes off when passing a parked vehicle at the end of the driveway. I want the audible alarm even if the system is given me a false alarm but I don't want the loud blaring "chime". I would just like to lower the volume so it doesn't startle the heck out of me while I'm driving. Also the radio mutes while alarming and the beeping is louder on the side it is detecting something. If anyone knows how to lower the volume I would appreciate the help.

PTRAM

Reaction score
I like the loud beep when there is someone beside me and I don't see them and turn on my turn signal to change lanes which I always do. I have had this feature for 4 years on my previous Jeeps and they all worked the same. I don't remember it coming on that much when turning and other vehicles beside me but it has a few times. It sure gets my attention with the loud beep or chime.

Normond

Reaction score
So does it chime every time someone passes you?
Mine only chimes if I put on the turn signal as if I was getting ready to change lanes. Loud enough to say, "whooops, I better not change just now". And it is loud enough my wife always jumps when she hears it.

dschweers

Reaction score
I don't mind it but if it is night time and passenger is sleeping it can be rather loud.

Users who are viewing this thread