5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot LED Addition

DeV

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with whats going on behind the side mirrors able to give me some input?

My truck has the blind spot detection system, but I would be interested in installing some LEDs like the ones in this video in to the pillars

Wouldn't it be possible to simply buy an LED with a power wire and splice in to whatever cable powers the blind spot light in the mirror?

Daverous

Reaction score
The power and ground for the led in the mirror are standard spade connectors from what I recall pulling both tow mirrors and standard mirrors apart. While I think you could pretty easily tap into that, it would probably be less work to tap into the door harness wiring at the door module. The signal feeds from there anyway.

DeV

Reaction score
The power and ground for the led in the mirror are standard spade connectors from what I recall pulling both tow mirrors and standard mirrors apart. While I think you could pretty easily tap into that, it would probably be less work to tap into the door harness wiring at the door module. The signal feeds from there anyway.
Probably a lot less risky than fiddling with the mirror removal as well. Thanks!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe this is discussed in the how to add blind spot thread. Let me dig it up and I'll link it below.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Starting with Post 191. The specific information to your question can be found at post #206 if taking the door module route.

Reactions: DeV

DeV

Reaction score
Starting with Post 191. The specific information to your question can be found at post #206 if taking the door module route.

Thank you for this!

vzar47a

Reaction score
Looking at the difference between the mirror glass with BSM indicator vs the glass without, I wonder if I could glue my own led to the corner of the glass and wire it up. I would have to scrape away the mirror backing to get the led visible on the mirror surface, but aside from that, does this seem possible? Swapping just the glass for both sides is now over $120, and I already have perfectly good glass, just need to add the led…

Users who are viewing this thread