5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackstone oil analysis, high iron and copper only have 22k miles on engine

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don’t forget 3.92 gears cause exccessive oil breakdown due to higher engine RPM’s.😬
Mountain Whiskey was good for giving it another "stir" but you get 1st Place for thinking out of the box:sneaky:. So since you brought it up, how many more miles for my Ram with the 3.21 due to RPMs wear on the motor are there ?
MPG and motor life for the 3.21!:)

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mountain Whiskey was good for giving it another "stir" but you get 1st Place for thinking out of the box:sneaky:. So since you brought it up, how many more miles for my Ram with the 3.21 due to RPMs wear on the motor are there ?
I mean, depends on how you want to look at it. Could be more wear on the motor with the 3.21 due to higher load and lugging the motor more.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're days are numbered anyways if you have 3.21 gears, you probably have a brain eating amoeba

Last edited:

Jako

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're days are numbered anyways if have 3.21 gears, you probably have a brain tumor.
Brain tumor - not nice. None currently, 2 medicals(y). Could be in my future though based on coworkers.
I didn't bring up the mpg. I just recognized Dewey's innate ability to recognize the RPMs advantage.
So many "shots" on the forum from 3.92s!
Didn't know 3.92ers can be so sensitive!
Hurt feelings over owning 3.92? :D

Posted for the fun/laughs, figured would do a little "stir".
Get your coffee, keep it coming.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Where is Mountain Whiskey?

Scram1500

Reaction score
Brain tumor - not nice. None currently, 2 medicals(y). Could be in my future though based on coworkers.
I didn't bring up the mpg. I just recognized Dewey's innate ability to recognize the RPMs advantage.
So many "shots" on the forum from 3.92s!
Didn't know 3.92ers can be so sensitive!
Hurt feelings over owning 3.92? :D

Posted for the fun/laughs, figured would do a little "stir".
Get your coffee, keep it coming.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Where is Mountain Whiskey?
My apologies and wish the best for your health

Jako

Reaction score
My apologies and wish the best for your health
No problem, I don't believe there was any real intentions. My work environment was pretty tough when it came to commentary, needed armor piercing somedays. But I knew they always had my back, kind of feel the same on the 5th Gem forum.

BowDown

Reaction score

Mix in some 5w-30 oil in with the the gas and it'll run forever

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, thread is getting way off topic, out of hand. Let's reign it back in, or we will just lock the threads.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Automatic car washes are ok.
mad-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Snekpete

Reaction score
So, very-low-viscosity engine oils will be available as ILSAC GF-6B as well as API SP. Why does this matter? Fuel economy and exhaust emissions are driving the boat as usual. Very-low-viscosity means lower frictional drag within the engine, which translates into less energy required to operate. Less energy used means fewer emissions. I’m sure that some of you are thinking that the viscosity is so low that it doesn’t protect adequately against wear. That doesn’t seem to be a problem, since we’ve been running vehicles on pretty low-viscosity oils for quite some time. My view is that additive technology has partially solved that gap, and the addition of partial or fully synthetic base oils has aided in the performance improvements we’re seeing today, too.

The SAE 0W-20 viscosity is more common now. My 2020 Honda Pilot specifies SAE 0W-20, and I live in Arizona. In addition, I have the 3.5 L V-6 engine option, which is a mainstay of the industry. I don’t drive as much as I used to, but in 115°F temperatures and in city traffic, the engine stays cool and fuel economy is about 24 miles per gallon. I guess you can identify the fact that in 1980 SAE 30 was the top dog viscosity-wise. Now the SAE 0W-XX grades are the leaders and growing. I wonder what the bottom line on viscosity might become.

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
with my new found knowledge from this thread… I think im gonna buy one type of oil for my ED, motorcycle and jet ski. 20w-50 for everything. Should be just fine, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread