5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blacking out the chrome on my granite crystal limited

SMS Limited

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about blacking out the chrome on my limited, I did a quick render to visualize it, I’m wondering if anyone has actually done it or parts of it to see how it would look

BACD8DE0-7CBB-4239-B50D-D61765C29EDB.jpeg 5A5BDEEC-65C4-4405-A48A-0A346B72D845.jpeg

Avid6eek

Reaction score
I think it looks good as is. I ordered my limited with body colored bumpers to tone down the chrome as well, but am not planning on taking it any further.

Those are some great looking tires.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another vote for leaving as it is, I think the wheels compliment the color of the truck.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about blacking out the chrome on my limited, I did a quick render to visualize it, I’m wondering if anyone has actually done it or parts of it to see how it would look

View attachment 4215 View attachment 4217

Coming from a fellow Granite Crystal limited with a lot of the same features and wheels I would not change it peraonlly. Those wheels look THE BEST on granite crystal. I like a black look but I think the truck is awesome as is. That side view looking at the grill and headlights to me just looks off.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing. I have same color on order and have been considering a few options, blackout being one of them. I wish the truck had less chrome on it, especially the grill. I am for sure going to do wheels and tires, either black or grey variety (perhaps even fuel couplers). If I were to blackout, I'd probably do the window trim chrome as well.

SMS Limited

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I have same color on order and have been considering a few options, blackout being one of them. I wish the truck had less chrome on it, especially the grill. I am for sure going to do wheels and tires, either black or grey variety (perhaps even fuel couplers). If I were to blackout, I'd probably do the window trim chrome as well.
Yea I would do it all this was just a quick render to get the idea of how it would look

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
You should render doing a black wrap on the front bumper and below trim strip on sides with the blacked out look. It's what I want to do to my Granite Crystal Limited when it comes in. I bet that solves the problem of it looking slightly off with the black rims and badges that Ryelinek mentioned.

nicodywill

Reaction score
I like it as as, the chrome items go well with the chrome window trim and wheel inlays go well with the body color

SMS Limited

Reaction score
You should render doing a black wrap on the front bumper and below trim strip on sides with the blacked out look. It's what I want to do to my Granite Crystal Limited when it comes in. I bet that solves the problem of it looking slightly off with the black rims and badges that Ryelinek mentioned.

Is this what you are talking about? 38222290-7AF9-4E90-9E3A-CC9BED3B0867.jpeg

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
I think that helps, but still looks a bit off. I think I've decided the reason it looks off is just because of how SUPER BLACK the rims look. My brain has trouble when shadows and saturation don't make sense on part of a picture.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score

Passed by the 1st 19 Rebel I have seen in person yesterday, same color, Blacked out and it looked awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread